Reader reviews and comments on The Widow of The South, plus links to write your own review.

The Widow of The South

by Robert Hicks

The Widow of The South

Sep 2005, 432 pages
    Sep 2006, 448 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Widow of The South

Power Reviewer Melissa (09/25/06)

Where is Franklin, TN?
Our book club read this book and the general consensus was that while it wasn't a favorite book, it did do exactly what the author intended; it put Franklin, TN on the map for many of us and invoked the memory of a historical figure. The book stuck with me not because of the writing, but I think simply because of the horror of the Civil War. I am already planning a trip to Franklin, TN to see the home, the cemetery and to help preserve the history of this amazing place.

• Book Jacket: Commonwealth

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review