Reader reviews and comments on I, Coriander, plus links to write your own review.

I, Coriander

Mar 2007, 288 pages

There are currently 33 reader reviews for I, Coriander

Mrs.Price

i,coriander
I loved the nook. It was tzhe best book in the world. i loved reading it and i wish there were sequels.
Rindaewen

Stunning
This book has an exquisite twists, and descriptive sentences. This is by far one of the most amazing books I have read all the way from Bambi to this heartfilling and sad book. I do hope you will win a Newberry award! If any readers out there need another faiytale it has come into another book I, Coriander, one of my favorite fictions!
Stunning job Sally, you have a great talent!
-Rindaewen
Helen So

Excellent Book- my favourite book ever
I went to Canada for my Easter holidays and I forgot to bring my book with me. I went to a bookstore and saw I, Coriander. I started reading it and couldn't even put my eyes off the lines! When my mum came to bring me back to the hotel, I begged her to buy the book for me. She did and I started reading it. I don't even need 3 days to finish it!
Stephanie

I, Coriander: Book of dreams
I went to the bookstore, looking for something new to read, when I saw a flash of red curls and was immediately drawn to the book. I could tell by just looking at the cover that it was going to be a good read. I, Coriander shows the natural and supernatural struggles that a young girl faces. I loved this book so much, as it showed you can do anything you put your mind too. I am currently working on my own series of book (Although never to be published) and I, Coriander inspired me. I think that girls ages 10 and up would enjoy reading. I wouldn't say it's just for kids though, because my mom read it and loved it. I'm currently doing a book report on it, so to all those who feel the same as me (That I, Coriander is a wonderful book) I say goodbye, and happy reading.
Elizabeth

A Great Book For Girls To Read!
I went to the bookstore to get a new book. I wanted something different. I found this book and fell in love with it. When I brought it home, I was so excited to read it. I really could not put it down. Page after page, I read and read. I have never read a book so fast. I liked it so much.

I really think every 8th or 9th grade girl should read this book. I am certain everyone one will enjoy it. Even if you are a picky reader (like me), I would say this is the book for you. Way to go Sally Gardner, youv'e written a great book indeed!
alice

My reveiw of this amazing book
this book is very intriguing. i took me into a different world one million miles away. I cannot believe how someone can write such an excellent story where things kept on happening.
it is not a story where one thing happens and the story is based on that event. it is a story where things just kept on happening.
i loved this story and would definately recommend it for anyone else. i loved this book so much that i am now wriitng my own sequel to it. i do know that it could never be published, though with this i can find out what happens next in much detail, as i was left much bewildered after reading the last scentence in this book. i think this book is a must for every reader. definately buy this book, right now if you have not already.

reveiw by alice 11 years old, early year six
Kirk

I, Coriander
This is a excellent book, but take times to get into. I enjoyed very well at my age I found it quite difficult!
corriander :) (my name is corriander too)

Historical but not fantasy.....
This book is really good from the historical perspective. All the facts are accurate and the dialogue is authentic to that of the mid 1600's.

The book is descriptive and well written....until...the fantasy part.....which is really a shame....because otherwise it would have been flawless.

The fantasy perspective seems weak and rushed and a little confusing...

Therefore i award this book 4/5

• Book Jacket: With the Fire on High
    With the Fire on High
    by Elizabeth Acevedo
    From Like Water for Chocolate to Ratatouille, writers have recognized the power ...
  • Book Jacket: Lanny
    Lanny
    by Max Porter
    At once beautifully poignant and hauntingly grotesque, Max Porter's Lanny is like an unexpected ...
    Call Me American
    by Abdi Nor Iftin
  • Book Jacket: The Last Collection
    The Last Collection
    by Jeanne Mackin
    What it's about:
    The Last Collection by Jeanne Mackin follows the lives of two internationally ...

Beirut Hellfire Society
    by Rawi Hage

A searing and visionary novel set in 1970s Beirut that asks what it means to live through war.

Book Club
The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
Entertainment Weekly

Win In the Full Light of the Sun

New from Clare Clark!

"Evocative prose and excellent pacing make this fine historical a must-read for art history buffs."
- Publishers Weekly