Reader reviews and comments on I, Coriander, plus links to write your own review.

by Sally Gardner

I, Coriander by Sally Gardner X
I, Coriander by Sally Gardner

Aug 2005, 288 pages
    Mar 2007, 288 pages

There are currently 33 reader reviews for I, Coriander

scarlet

i coriander
I love this book! I even us it in my English homework! It's amazing and feels real! Enjoy this book!! Everyone!!
Maxled

I, Coriander
This book swept me away the moment I started reading it. I have never read a book so good that took place in the 1600's, and I have read many. Gardner's is an amazing author, and possesses the skill to write in a different time-frame, which most of us do not have. Her amazingly realistic characters, plot, and setting, were enough for me to use this as my 6th grade book report. I am truly mesmerized by her amazing talents. The character of Coriander, is a great role-model. Strong, independent, and is not willing to go out without a fight. Through every hardship that Coriander faces, she stays true to who she is, and tries her hardest, not to become the girl everyone wants her to be, Ann. I truly love this book, and it is definitely on my top ten book list. I highly recommend it to anyone who has an interest in 17th century books.
Elizabeth Barlow

I liked the book very much!
I read and when I stopped I wanted to read more and more. For me the book was very interesting and exciting. An excellent book for all ages!
Hanna

I, Coriander
I just loved the book. Sally Gardner did a wonderful job. At first I thought it was a really boring book but once I began to read it was great. Everyone should read it...
Ann-marie

Something special
This book is a fantastic read for all ages. I'm 12 and i think this book is so great that after the first couple of line grabbed me so well I never wanted to put it down. I love it, this is my favorite book.
Rena Innocenti

Coriander, Coriander
I loved this book. My grandmother gave me the advanced copy for my birthday in 2005.
I believe I have read it several times since then. Faeries and alligators alike, this was a joyful experience to read this splendid book.
aroob

the book award of the year?
It was such a beautiful book, made me cry all the same but Sally Gardner's first book that I have discovered and want to read more. How does she write in such a classic manner. Book of the century for me so far. Just the best!!!!
Rydori

Great Story
I am 11 and think this book is fantastic for readers because every word seems to weigh a hundred words; it also describes very well with a lot of historical events in it. I loved every part, every word, every letter because the author chose her words very carefully, which makes the book seem more realistic and lovely. I enjoyed it a lot, it would be nice if there were more books by Sally Gardner! :)

I, Coriander, is now one of my favorite books and I will buy it someday :)

• Book Jacket: Hungry
    Hungry
    by Jeff Gordinier
    Noma, René Redzepi's restaurant in Copenhagen, Denmark, has widely been considered among the ...
  • Book Jacket: With the Fire on High
    With the Fire on High
    by Elizabeth Acevedo
    From Like Water for Chocolate to Ratatouille, writers have recognized the power ...
  • Book Jacket: Lanny
    Lanny
    by Max Porter
    At once beautifully poignant and hauntingly grotesque, Max Porter's Lanny is like an unexpected ...
    Call Me American
    by Abdi Nor Iftin

Beirut Hellfire Society
    by Rawi Hage

A searing and visionary novel set in 1970s Beirut that asks what it means to live through war.

Book Club
The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
Entertainment Weekly

Win In the Full Light of the Sun

New from Clare Clark!

"Evocative prose and excellent pacing make this fine historical a must-read for art history buffs."
- Publishers Weekly