Reader reviews and comments on SHAM, plus links to write your own review.

How the Self-Help Movement Made America Helpless

by Steve Salerno

Jun 2005, 288 pages
    Sep 2006, 288 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for SHAM

Write your own review! (08/04/10)

Are you serious
Steve, How can you possbile sleep at night trying to instill your philosophy of putting down education, self improvement and positive action on others!

WOW--- they really do walk among us and then even try to write a book! Not a book, trash bashing Good People, Good Ethics, GOOD SELF HELP~ I will pray for you Steve!
Dr Lewis (03/21/10)

The shame of pushing shams
Salerno's book needs to be read by all who purport to help others. When the basic motivation is to make money and self-promotion the needs of others (their 'clients') are lost. Unfortunately those who pay for the works of these shamans cannot look with objectivity because the parted dollars have given them a vested interest in believing they are getting better.

Let us hope more people will see the light and start to do things for themselves and stop seeing the world through the eyes of a victim.
stendek73 (12/07/08)

All build up, no money shot
This book leaves the reader hanging.
Chapter after chapter of insight into the seedy under belly of self help, yet at the end, the book offers no option from said under belly. I want to sober up, but I wish to do it in a secular manner. Steve, what do you think I should do????

• Book Jacket: Crossing the Horizon
    Crossing the Horizon
    by Laurie Notaro
  • Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.