Reader reviews and comments on Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, plus links to write your own review.

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

Feb 2006, 288 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

Pam Jones (11/17/06)

Fasinating Description of Chinese Foot Binding
At my CHATTER Book Club, we all enjoyed reading "Memoirs of a Geisha" and thought we'd had enough of historical Chinese books. However, "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" was very different. It provided descriptions of the fascinating practice of foot binding while weaving a story of the special friendship of two girls. The discussion of this book was spirited, with 11 women all excited to share their comments about this wonderful book.
Erica (03/10/06)

A good read
I was intrigued by the topic of this book - women in China during the time of footbinding and total submission to one's family, husband and husband's family - and THAT story is well-told. Although I believe the author tries hard to develop the relationship between Snowflower and the narrator, and the narrator and other characters, I never found myself caring about or fully engaged with ANY character. I truly enjoyed the story that was told, and the manner in which it was told.

• Book Jacket: The Art of the Wasted Day
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes