Reader reviews and comments on Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, plus links to write your own review.

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

by Lisa See

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

Jun 2005, 272 pages
    Feb 2006, 288 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

Pam Jones (11/17/06)

Fasinating Description of Chinese Foot Binding
At my CHATTER Book Club, we all enjoyed reading "Memoirs of a Geisha" and thought we'd had enough of historical Chinese books. However, "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" was very different. It provided descriptions of the fascinating practice of foot binding while weaving a story of the special friendship of two girls. The discussion of this book was spirited, with 11 women all excited to share their comments about this wonderful book.
Erica (03/10/06)

A good read
I was intrigued by the topic of this book - women in China during the time of footbinding and total submission to one's family, husband and husband's family - and THAT story is well-told. Although I believe the author tries hard to develop the relationship between Snowflower and the narrator, and the narrator and other characters, I never found myself caring about or fully engaged with ANY character. I truly enjoyed the story that was told, and the manner in which it was told.

The Marriage of Opposites
    by Alice Hoffman
  • Book Jacket: Miss Jane
    Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson
  • Book Jacket: Dinner with Edward
    Dinner with Edward
    by Isabel Vincent
    In late 2009 Isabel Vincent and her family were still newcomers to New York City. She and her ...

Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson

The Imperial Wife
    by Irina Reyn

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All