Reader reviews and comments on Oblivion, plus links to write your own review.

Oblivion

by Peter Abrahams

Oblivion

Apr 2005, 352 pages
    Apr 2006, 384 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Oblivion

gofish (05/31/07)

not very good
I just finished this as an audio book which is probably the only way I was able to get through it. I agree with another reviewer in so far as I also had trouble keeping up with clues and characters including the new, the lost and the found again. A little over the top in terms of credibility. Man with brain tumor and deteriorating brain function solves murder after losing his memory, continuing to have mental and physical problems and having to start all over again while being targeted to be murdered himself. Murderer is obvious long before hero can figure it out. Actually, I think it was quite a feat of imagination, but it didn't really work as a whole.
Philadelphia reader (05/25/07)

Hackneyed writing
I expected to enjoy this book, based on the many positive reviews, but it was a huge disappointment. The characters were one-dimensional and trite and the writing was unimaginative. I didn't finish it, despite a noble try.
Power Reviewer Melissa (03/23/07)

What book?
Not sure if it was me or the book, but I found myself as forgetful as the protagonist and his amnesia! He would run into people, places etc. and not remember them and nor could I!! My mom and other friends have read the book and enjoyed it thoroughly, so I'm apt to think I just wasn't of sound mind to read this one! Overall I did enjoy the premise and the plot line!

• Book Jacket: Boy Erased
    Boy Erased
    by Garrard Conley
  • Book Jacket: The Bones of Grace
    The Bones of Grace
    by Tahmima Anam
    Find Me Unafraid
    by Kennedy Odede, Jessica Posner
    With staggering emotional weight and keen awareness of love and humanity even in the darkest places,...

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

This Must Be the Place