MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Because of Winn-Dixie, plus links to write your own review.

by Kate DiCamillo

Mar 2000, 184 pages
    Sep 2001, 182 pages

There are currently 31 reader reviews for Because of Winn-Dixie

kelvin (10/25/14)

Because of Winn Dixie
The story was interesting.
Resa Bradley (12/07/13)

Love and Hiphop
This book is amazing because it has real live people playing basketball and other sports like soccer, cheerleading, baseball. My favorite sports are tennis and football. This book is cool, nice, amazing, and a good book for children to read. All the time so they could be like me to be a good reader. Amazing reading.
Emm17 (06/01/13)

fantastic book
I loved the book. I'm going to see the movie, but I think the book will be better.
Tarick Rogers (10/23/11)

Nice Book
Very appealing and awesome in two-thousand seven hundred ninety nine ways. Bye Bye boring books, hello Because of Winn Dixie.
Tarick Rogers (10/22/11)

What a awesome book
This book is so amazing. I thought that this book was going to be boring, but every chapter I read there was a part I couldn't stop reading.
Nora (03/29/11)

english student.
As a Esl student, this book help me a lot in my process to learn English, I really liked it.

This has a very deep moral about friendship and a good lesson about survival, even if you are alone like the man who went to war and when he returned nobody was there.

Another good lesson is you don't have to judge the people for what they had done in the past, you can see them from now to ahead.
Alyssa (01/25/11)

How Because Of Winn-Dixie was
The book was good but it left you hanging. What did Opal do after the collar was paid off? Lots of questions that need to be answered.
pierre (01/04/11)

Because of Winn-Dixie
This book is fantastic. It made me cry.

The Second Mrs. Hockaday
    by Susan Rivers

Win The Widow

"Engrossing."
- Stephen King

A loving husband or a heartless killer…She'd know. Wouldn't she?

• Book Jacket: A Question of Mercy
    A Question of Mercy
    by Elizabeth Cox
    Authors leave little gifts for readers, which seem to turn up at the exact right moment. Perhaps a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Terranauts
    The Terranauts
    by T.C. Boyle
    In an increasingly noisy and fractious world, the idea of "getting away from it all" holds ...
    The Gardens of Consolation
    by Parisa Reza
    The Gardens of Consolation introduces 12-year-old Talla, and her 20-year-old husband Sadar, as they ...

H I A H Does