Reader reviews and comments on Kira-Kira, plus links to write your own review.

Kira-Kira

by Cynthia Kadohata

Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata X
Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata

Feb 2004, 256 pages
    Jan 2007, 272 pages

There are currently 35 reader reviews for Kira-Kira

Mitty (11/05/14)

It clearly shows how Katie deal for her sister Lynn's death
When Katie released the spirit of Lynn, there was a scene that Katie tried not to cry because she wanted to show Lynn her smile. I cried at this part. it's a really good story.
lindsey O'brian (03/03/13)

best book
I fell in love with this book. It is really good; I can't stop reading it. You should really read it.
franhuazo (02/11/12)

KIRA KIRA
Kira-Kira seems as a word used to just mean something glittering, but to Lynn and Katie it is much more its more of a way to admire everything that they have around them. It's also a way in which they express how they feel and how they can make something as ordinary as a box of tissues seem wonderful. It's a sad yet awaking book, thrilling and mysterious in the fact of not knowing what's coming to you and what else you're going to read.
cami (12/14/11)

amazing but little i mean i lot sad
This book is a wonderful book, so good, I just wish it was not so sad. I almost cried.
Re'Anna (09/15/11)

kira kira
I think kira kira is a great book its book for you and your kids its sad and happy and like how they wrote it and there descriptions. I hope they write more great books like kira kira
Wendy (02/08/11)

Kira-Kira
I loved this book because I never read a book about a sister that loved her sister so dearly and when the older sister died, it changed the whole story into a cloudy book because it was so sad. I recommend this book for whoever comes upon it. READ IT! =D
Juju (12/01/10)

Best book
I loved this book! I thought it would be boring but the first page convinced me otherwise.
Yessenia (11/10/10)

Awesome
When I first saw the book I thought it was going to be boring. When I read the first page I fell in love with it and now I am trying to see where I can buy it in Sanford. It was a heartbreaking story and I started crying when I finished. My friend called me when I was crying and I didn't want to tell him why. I love Kira-Kira which means glittering for those who haven't read it.

• Book Jacket: The Ensemble
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Eternal Life
    by Dara Horn

The award-winning author returns with an ingenious novel about what it would mean to live forever.

Win The Comedown