Reader reviews and comments on Kira-Kira, plus links to write your own review.

by Cynthia Kadohata

Feb 2004, 256 pages
    Jan 2007, 272 pages

There are currently 35 reader reviews for Kira-Kira

Anna (06/14/08)

Kira-Kira
This book is excellent. this novel shines like a twinkling star in the night sky. It will speak to readers who have lost someone they love or fear that they could. It is an unforgettable story
Jess M. (05/20/08)

Kira-kiRRa1
I had to read this for school. It wasn't a good book I would at least give it 2 1/2 stars. It never made me want to read more or get into what was going to happen next. I like more advanced books like the Meaning of life, Poetry, Quotes, My favorite book is The Secret!

-Jess
Alyssa Walker (01/26/08)

It's the best book EVER!
This is the best book on the 1950s. When you read it you don't see pictures, but you can image them. You can imagine the pictures because Cynthia Kadohata describes things so well. You could feel like you're in the book if you tried hard enough and if you read in between the lines. I would love for you to read this book but if you think it's bad I don't know what to tell you. I enjoyed reading this book for my bookshare at school. I am doing a game on it. I would love to read any of Cynthia Kadohata's books. I wold even love it more if she made more books.
Takuma (10/08/07)

Kira Kira
This book was wondefull. Beginning to the end. Loved this book!
Madi (07/28/07)

touching story
This book is wonderful! I just love it. While reading the book, you can feel the character's emotions, and really, it's a book worth reading. The characters change throughout the book. I really suggest it.
Cristina (05/12/07)

excellent book
I find that a lot of books for young adults are much more interesting that those written for adults. This book is one that blurs the line between young adult and adult fiction. It is the beauty in the little details that make the novel so memorable. The narrator's observations are at once innocent and yet profound. You get the sense that you know these characters personally because Katie's observations paint such a vivid picture.
Being Asian-American myself and growing up in the South, I identified immediately with the main character's experiences. It was like reading scenes from my own life.
This book is definitely a winner!
Rosalicious (04/02/07)

Kiralicious
Kira Kira is a wonderful book about love and dealing with family issues. It also is a good family book because Katie has problems with her family and she doesn't know how to solve them but with the help of her little brother and older sister she might be able to save her sisters life and the life of her family.
Keera Green (12/05/06)

Kira-Kira is the most amazing.......
I'm 14-years-old and in the 9th grade. I have just finished reading the book "Kira-Kira" and I just started reading it yesterday! I love this book! I have never really liked readying but when I started reading this book I just couldn't put it down. I think anybody and everybody would love this book. Even though nothing like what happened in the book has ever happened to me, I felt some kind of connection to the book.

• Book Jacket: Harmony

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review