Reader reviews and comments on Kira-Kira, plus links to write your own review.

Kira-Kira

by Cynthia Kadohata

Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata

Feb 2004, 256 pages
    Jan 2007, 272 pages

There are currently 35 reader reviews for Kira-Kira

Mitty (11/05/14)

It clearly shows how Katie deal for her sister Lynn's death
When Katie released the spirit of Lynn, there was a scene that Katie tried not to cry because she wanted to show Lynn her smile. I cried at this part. it's a really good story.
lindsey O'brian (03/03/13)

best book
I fell in love with this book. It is really good; I can't stop reading it. You should really read it.
franhuazo (02/11/12)

KIRA KIRA
Kira-Kira seems as a word used to just mean something glittering, but to Lynn and Katie it is much more its more of a way to admire everything that they have around them. It's also a way in which they express how they feel and how they can make something as ordinary as a box of tissues seem wonderful. It's a sad yet awaking book, thrilling and mysterious in the fact of not knowing what's coming to you and what else you're going to read.
cami (12/14/11)

amazing but little i mean i lot sad
This book is a wonderful book, so good, I just wish it was not so sad. I almost cried.
Re'Anna (09/15/11)

kira kira
I think kira kira is a great book its book for you and your kids its sad and happy and like how they wrote it and there descriptions. I hope they write more great books like kira kira
Wendy (02/08/11)

Kira-Kira
I loved this book because I never read a book about a sister that loved her sister so dearly and when the older sister died, it changed the whole story into a cloudy book because it was so sad. I recommend this book for whoever comes upon it. READ IT! =D
Juju (12/01/10)

Best book
I loved this book! I thought it would be boring but the first page convinced me otherwise.
Yessenia (11/10/10)

Awesome
When I first saw the book I thought it was going to be boring. When I read the first page I fell in love with it and now I am trying to see where I can buy it in Sanford. It was a heartbreaking story and I started crying when I finished. My friend called me when I was crying and I didn't want to tell him why. I love Kira-Kira which means glittering for those who haven't read it.

Discover your next great read here

Ghachar Ghochar
    by Vivek Shanbhag
    The Bengaluru (aka Bangalore) that has dominated economic news headlines over the past decade is the...
  • Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare...

O My D B