Reader reviews and comments on The Ninth Life of Louis Drax, plus links to write your own review.

The Ninth Life of Louis Drax

by Liz Jensen

The Ninth Life of Louis Drax

Jan 2005, 240 pages
    Jan 2006, 240 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Ninth Life of Louis Drax

Sarah (04/24/07)

It might deserve a 3.65
Overall, this book really wasn't bad. I just wish that it had a better ending. At first I was very interested in the characters, and really enjoyed the the writing, but toward the end I couldn't have cared much less. Louis starts to take a backseat to the other characters, and I think that that's where she went wrong. It really got all too fluffy, and if I had to read anymore of the doc's rambles, I thought I was going to loose my mind.
Erica (01/18/06)

Louis Drax is a good read
I started this book and put it down, finding the manner in which Louis was talking at first, very offensive. I decided to give it another try, and I was glad I did. Although I was able to guess at the climax, because of the foreshadowing, there were some interesting twists to the story that made it compelling. I thought the writing quite good and the change in narrator rather inventive. Overall, it was unlike anything I had read recently and I found it refreshing.

• Book Jacket: Holding Up the Universe
    The Guineveres
    by Sarah Domet

Win All the Gallant Men

All The Gallant Men

The first memoir by a USS Arizona survivor, 75 years after Pearl Harbor.

K Y Eyes P