Reader reviews and comments on Shadow of the Wind, plus links to write your own review.

Shadow of the Wind

by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Shadow of the Wind

Apr 2004, 496 pages
    Jan 2005, 496 pages

There are currently 16 reader reviews for Shadow of the Wind

Martin Bastone (02/09/05)

This is an author who shows a true passion for books, his characters, and even includes a bit on fishing. What more could you want?
Possibly a bit more on fishing!
The best thing I have read in years.
My advice is to draw the curtains, disconnect the 'phone, open your best bottle of wine and settle down in your favourite chair. There is no time for anything else.
Maureen (02/02/05)

I didn't want this book to end. A wonderful story. One of the best I read in the last year.
jlp (01/21/05)

The first sentence hooked me: "I still remember the day my father took me to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books for the first time."

We are in Barcelona, 1945, and 10-year-old Daniel Sampere has just chosen a book to protect, one that will have special meaning for him. It is The Shadow of the Wind, by Julián Carax, and once Daniel reads it, he will begin a search for Carax's other work. But he will discover that someone else is also engaged in that search, and is systematically destroying every copy of Carax's books that can be found.

A tightly-woven and intricate plot, realistic and psychologically complex characters, beautiful language, romance, passion, and mystery all add up to a book that is difficult to put down.
mariana (01/12/05)

great book keeps you wanting to read untill the end
Stephen Conn (01/09/05)

Excellent and enthralling novel, reminiscent of Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
richard (11/29/04)

This is easily the best written and most fascinating, and fun, novel I have read in the last 25 years, and I´ve read a lot. It has everything we ask from great literature, fantastic writing, characters, plot... a work of genius, so well crafted and so cleverly conceived to thrill, move and shake your heart and soul that will bring you back the joy of reading. It did that to me. A classic for the ages. Don´t miss!
Somers (11/20/04)

What a plot! This is a book that keeps you wondering through until the end. I can not say enough good things about this mystery. Fabulous author, I can't wait until his next book.
Maureen (11/18/04)

This was one of the best books I read this year. Even though it was a lengthy book, it was a page turner and I was very sad to see it end. I am looking forward to reading more of Zafon's books.

Do No Harm
    by Henry Marsh
    British neurosurgeon Henry Marsh might already be familiar as the subject of the Emmy-winning ...
  • Book Jacket: Everybody's Fool
    Everybody's Fool
    by Richard Russo
    Written from multiple viewpoints, Everybody's Fool features an ensemble cast of inhabitants ...
  • Book Jacket: The Strings of Murder
    The Strings of Murder
    by Oscar de Muriel
    As Jack the Ripper eludes the police at Scotland Yard in London and all efforts to catch the most ...

The Life of the World to Come
    by Dan Cluchey

Smart, sad and crackling with wit, a book about love, life and what happens after.

Since She Went Away
    by David Bell

A chilling novel of guilt, regret, and a past which refuses to die...

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

C To T Q