Reader reviews and comments on How I Live Now, plus links to write your own review.

How I Live Now

by Meg Rosoff

How I Live Now

Aug 2004, 208 pages
    Jul 2005, 208 pages

There are currently 54 reader reviews for How I Live Now

mini (02/10/07)

My Feed Back
Well to me this book has a unique main idea and it's describes with passion but for some reason or another I couldn't stand that the writer (Meg Rosoff) didn't use " ". It must be that I'm a writer myself and that I've used it all my life. But aside from that i didn't think that the needed have to have a stable base. The idea that they were cousins didn't bother me much since my parents are cousins. But I can't make a comparison since my parents were betrothed and between me and you i don't think their as fond about each other like Daisy and Edmond. But i keep rereading it and i can't figure out why he loved her and vice versa. The ending really had an impact on me and now when I look at my garden I get a bit to emotional. In the beginning Edmond was happy and full of life and so you could say that why she loved him but then in the end when he was 'broken' then why does she still love him. But I'm happy that she does because if she didn't then I most likely would have hated the book. It's beautiful knowing that their love lasted a war. (:
Emilia (02/10/07)

Fantastic Book
I loved this book so much - i have to say it is the best book I have ever read!!!
Becky (01/27/07)

Well,
This book was amazing. Its about a subject i never thought I'd enjoy, but its totally gripping. Ms Rosoff, please write a sequel because i want a happy ending!!!!!
lara knight, 13, london, (01/24/07)

13 year old, lara knight
As I do not like reading (normally), and I have counted that I have tried to get into reading 35 times ( I have tried to read 35 different books)
it's an absolute miracle that I absolutely loved this book. this is the first book I have past the 5th chapter. It's amazing I suggest it from anyone above the age of eleven at some points i was crying. I dreamt about all the goings ons in the book for a good five weeks after, literally. I am 13, I live in London and normally hate reading but I literally couldn't put the book down I could not stop reading, I am normally more interested in boys or shopping. However with this book I even told my friends that I was ill one day so i didn't have to go to the cinema with them so I could read the end of the book, as my eyes literally would not stay open the night before (however much i tried) so I could not finish the book.
I am just about to start her other book Just In Case I am so excited as How I Live Now was AMAZING! xx
adelina (01/18/07)

LOVE IT!!
I absolutely love it! I was once in a war and I know quite what Daisy was feeling but she had it much worse and I could feel the pain she was having and this book seriously made me cry, thats how intense and sad it was. The tragedies Daisy went through and she survived all of it out of love. LOVE THIS BOOK!! Ever thought of making it into a movie? I guess some parts would be gory but I wouldn't mind. I would love to see the same situation on film!!!
Gemma (01/13/07)

Continued?
I loved this book, I have never read a book on war before and usually I would not have wanted to but I asked my Nan to get it for me for Christmas, I thought it was a story about a girl who met a boy in the country and she liked him etc. but then I worked out about the war and what was going on and I never put a book away and not finish it and I am glad I didn't start with this one. It gave me a new look on war and what happened to some people. I would definatly recomend this book to readers of my age (13-16) and I would like to read a sequel.
gemma lacey (12/29/06)

READ THIS PLEASE
i read this and it took me 3 days to read it. but when i put this book down i didnt want it to end i wanted it to continue not because i'm some sad person with no life it is because it was so emotional and so intresting that i wanted it to carry on tell me more bout daisy and edmondy it made me cry quiet a bit...and thats all i have to say i cryed actually a lot x x x
maria (11/15/06)

oh, wow!!!
This was a very good book, i personally think because it made me realize many things about the wars going on and how they can change your world. Wars have a very big impact on not just adults but teens and kids. This book has a lot to show about love being broken and torn apart because of war. So many people these days go thru the same thing that Daisy was going thru and I love this book i was really into it.

• Book Jacket: All the Ugly and Wonderful Things