Reader reviews and comments on Leaping Beauty, plus links to write your own review.

Leaping Beauty

and other animal fairy tales

by Gregory Maguire

Leaping Beauty

Aug 2004, 208 pages
    Mar 2006, 224 pages

There is 1 reader review for Leaping Beauty

BookBrowse (10/16/04)

Natasha - aged 9
I think Leaping Beauty is a good book because it's fun and it makes silly jokes, and it has a lot of stories in it. I have not read anything else like it, but I think this is really good. My favorite story was Cinderelephant, it was the same thing as Cinderella, but different characters like Cinderella was an elephant and she wore glass pie plates on her feet! My next favorite story is So What and the Seven Giraffes. It is about an ape that had to go away from home because the evil stepmother wanted to kill him, and he found seven giraffes in a house and moved in with them.

• Book Jacket: Commonwealth

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review