Reader reviews and comments on Beneath a Marble Sky, plus links to write your own review.

by John Shors

Beneath a Marble Sky by John Shors X
Beneath a Marble Sky by John Shors

Jun 2004, 325 pages
    Jun 2006, 352 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Beneath a Marble Sky

Meg Keelly

Beneath a Marble Sky
John Shors was able to present a history lesson in a way that would make any person want to study the Taj Mahal. I am often surprised when people say they will only read nonfiction books. I don't think they realize how well researched a great piece of fiction is and the amount of education that can be gained from reading it. From page one I could not put this book down.
Manda

Beneath a Marble Sky
I have read this book more than a few times and each time I read it, it seems to get better and better. While it may not be completely historically accurate it is a beautiful love story. It brings me to tears, and I always feel as though I am there in the moment with Jahanara. This is by far one of the best books I have ever read.
Sandy W

Good book on the Taj Mahal
I loved this book. It was wonderful to learn something about the history of the Taj Mahal. Well written and a page-turner.
Susan LeBourg

Not on par with the Taj Mahal
While this novel has an interesting story, I am sorry to say that I think it is poorly written. It is full of short, choppy sentences, and the dialogue is often trite and anachronistic.
It does not accurately portray the life of women in Indian society at the time. Women from aristocratic backgrounds did not interact on free and easy terms with people below them. The history is distorted. Jahanara did not marry or have children. In fact, Mughal princesses were not allowed to marry. Moreover, Jahanara made peace with her brother after their father's death, and assumed an important place in his court.

• Book Jacket: How to Stop Time
    How to Stop Time
    by Matt Haig
  • Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May
  • Book Jacket: The Friend
    The Friend
    by Sigrid Nunez
    Sigrid Nunez is one of the most underrated authors writing today. Her work is so lovely, so ...

A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline

From the bestselling author of Orphan Train, a stunning novel of passion and art.

Next Year in Havana
    by Chanel Cleeton

a Cuban-American woman travels to Havana, where she finds a family secret hidden since the revolution.

Only Child
    by Rhiannon Navin

Win The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

A gripping novel from the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy.

G O T P, B The P, F T P