Reader reviews and comments on Queen Bees & Wannabes, plus links to write your own review.

Queen Bees & Wannabes

Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends & Other Realities of Adolescence

by Rosalind Wiseman

Queen Bees & Wannabes by Rosalind Wiseman X
Queen Bees & Wannabes by Rosalind Wiseman

Apr 2002, 352 pages
    Mar 2003, 352 pages

There are currently 8 reader reviews for Queen Bees & Wannabes

Motherneedshelp (08/19/13)

Daughter
How do I get my daughter to read this book? Suggestions? I was just told about this book tonight and can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

[Editor's Note: I'll ask our followers over on Facebook. They always have great ideas. Even if your daughter isn't a book reader, I bet she reads other things - blogs and so forth? How about checking out Rosalind Wiseman's blog at http://rosalindwiseman.com for a post or two about the book that might be less intimidating than being faced with the book. Watching a Q&A with the author on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTevk9-odYw or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aLOJtuDPKU is another option. You might want to suggest she watch the movie based on the book, Mean Girls. I have to confess I haven't watched the movie in any great detail but do recollect that it did at least touch on some important issues so might be a good place for her to start. But, I suggest you'd be best starting with a couple of bite sized videos to pique her interest.]
abc 123 (04/10/07)

Very GOOD book!
This was such a good book. I really understand my parents more... I want to be nicer to everyone else. [I am NOT a Queen Bee]
Mariella Wynan (08/15/06)

So true!
When I read this book I was amazed at the similarities between the scenarios in the book and the scenarios in my own life! When my mom read it, she understood much more about what I'm going through in high school, and is now much more lenient with me! A godsend!!
Danielle (12/02/05)

Great!
I loved this book, even though it's written for parents. I'm 14, and after reading this book, I understand my parents more and i know how to get my way without throwing a fit. This book gets an A+!!
floater (08/04/05)

wow
this book was so true! I couldn't belive the likeness to my everyday life!!!
Bianca (11/10/04)

i liked the book because it helped my mother understand whay i act, and helped her to understand the other youth of today. It helped her realize that pushy parents are NOT always a good thing.
a real queen bee (10/23/04)

this is a book that has everything down to the T i love it . its so truthfull and its really how it is ....it gives a good message to everyone...i recamend it to any girl struggling in High School...
Treena Miller (10/18/04)

fantastic book, helping me understand my daughters complicated life. Well done.

• Book Jacket: The Last Mrs. Parrish
    by Alison McGhee
  • Book Jacket: Solar Bones
    Solar Bones
    by Mike McCormack
    Written in a poetic, line-breaking style, Mike McCormack's Solar Bones reads with a breathless ...

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

Wonder Valley
    by Ivy Pochoda

There is no such thing as a moral or immoral book. Books are either well written or badly written. That is all.

E Dog H I D