Reader reviews and comments on Signal and Noise, plus links to write your own review.

Signal and Noise

by John Griesemer

Signal and Noise

Apr 2003, 640 pages
    Apr 2004, 593 pages

There is 1 reader review for Signal and Noise

Paul - BookBrowse.com (04/26/04)

Good book - riveting, fast-paced read. Very evocative of the era, with lots of detail which brings that part of history to vibrant life.

So why did I mark it so low? It is the mixture of fact and fiction that bothers me. The factual events were in themselves fascinating - but this book weaves in so much fiction, so much detail, that the line between reality and the author's imagination is blurred and becomes distracting. This could have been simply addressed by a forward, or an appendix, which clarifies what really happened, and what was fictional.

I would suggest you read this book in the mindset that is is a historical novel, rotating arround true events. A lost opportunity to bring a real life drama to life; but an enjoyable read set against a colourful context.

• Book Jacket: I Contain Multitudes
    My Name Is Leon
    by Kit De Waal

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review