Reader reviews and comments on Mao's Last Dancer, plus links to write your own review.

by Li Cunxin

Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin X
Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin

Mar 2004, 444 pages
    Mar 2005, 480 pages

There are currently 28 reader reviews for Mao's Last Dancer

Lynchy (05/24/08)

Wonderful
This is an awesome story and would recommend this to anybody, it's well written and very inspiring.
lewis (11/05/07)

Mao's Last Dancer
Very, very good, certainly a must read. Amazing recount of a very fortunate life, very inspiring, Li Cunxin's determination is so admirable.
SaDe (10/08/07)

A fairytale come true..
Mao's last dancer is one of the best books I have ever read. It encouraged me to make my dreams come true what ever it takes. I want to thank my English teacher for making me read this book. It's an awesome book!!
Seda (10/06/07)

Inspiring...
I've read this book for the second time and I still enjoyed it as much as I did the first time round! I found it very inspiring. You can achieve anything as long as you put your mind to it! Your determination, attitude and perseverance are all keys that will lead you to success, this is what I have learned from reading this book. I'd recommend it to people of all ages. This book really makes you appreciate how lucky we are today. Definitely a must read :)
Lily (09/24/07)

Mao's Last Dancer
Mao's last dancer is a great book and very interesting. This book is wonderful to read and is the type of book you can't put down until you are finished and then when you do finish you want to read more. I loved this book and I hope that many people after me that read it find it as good I did.
Lily
mohammad (05/31/07)

Mao's last dancer
Mao's last dancer is the best story that you will ever read, the end of Mao's last dancer was good.
&heats; I think... (05/20/07)

This book was..
Awesome. I loved it. It has something for everyone. You don't have to LOVE ballet to be able to enjoy this book because it is about so much more than that. It has all the components of a fantastic novel for all ages. I strongly recommend this book.
sheasanborn (05/06/07)

Honest, forthright and fascinating story.
Li Cunxin weaves a fascinating tale of a simple soul in a complex time who rises to from poverty and ignorance to unimaginable heights of excitement and achievement. What a story.

The fact that this is a true memoir, written bravely and honestly, adds to the impact on the reader. This is an important, as well as an entertaining, read.

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

M T G Before I S