Reader reviews and comments on The Birth of Venus, plus links to write your own review.

The Birth of Venus

by Sarah Dunant

The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant

Feb 2004, 416 pages
    Dec 2004, 416 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for The Birth of Venus

cj (06/18/04)

CJ - 45 - female

I had high hopes for the Birth Of Venus - and was very disappointed! I thought that the plot was too obvious. I also thought that the characters were speaking in a dialouge more suited for today than in the late 1400's. For example, the use of the word crap by the servant/friend Erila. That word did not come into use until the 1800's.
Carol (05/14/04)

Great insight into an interesting period of history I knew little about.
The characters were real and I couldn't put the book down .
Can't wait to read her next book.
Anonymous (05/10/04)

Less than I had hoped it would be. Perfectly adequate historical fiction, but not much more than that.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts
    Music of the Ghosts
    by Vaddey Ratner

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

Being slightly paranoid is like being slightly pregnant – it tends to get worse.

Y S M B, I'll S Y