Reader reviews and comments on The Birth of Venus, plus links to write your own review.

The Birth of Venus

by Sarah Dunant

The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant

Feb 2004, 416 pages
    Dec 2004, 416 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for The Birth of Venus

cj (06/18/04)

CJ - 45 - female

I had high hopes for the Birth Of Venus - and was very disappointed! I thought that the plot was too obvious. I also thought that the characters were speaking in a dialouge more suited for today than in the late 1400's. For example, the use of the word crap by the servant/friend Erila. That word did not come into use until the 1800's.
Carol (05/14/04)

Great insight into an interesting period of history I knew little about.
The characters were real and I couldn't put the book down .
Can't wait to read her next book.
Anonymous (05/10/04)

Less than I had hoped it would be. Perfectly adequate historical fiction, but not much more than that.

• Book Jacket: Pachinko

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

I always find it more difficult to say the things I mean than the things I don't.

K Your F C