Reader reviews and comments on Slave, plus links to write your own review.

Slave

Jan 2004, 368 pages
    Jun 2005, 352 pages

There are currently 20 reader reviews for Slave

anonymus (10/28/04)

this book was an extreme shock and reality check for me. it brought to light the slave trade that is still going on today and the harshness of life under this rule.
Tony Lawrence (10/20/04)

In some ways this book was extremely uplifting, the fortitude and courage shown by Mende brings about a feeling that perhaps the world is not such a bad place when good people beat the odds.
However, the other side of the coin is that there are still people out there that regard people of a different colour as some sort of sub species, this attitude should not be allowed to continue and I fervently hope that Mende's account will help to galvanise others into making every effort to smash this trade in human misery.
A cracking read and should be in every school library worldwide.
Well done Mende.
Mel.dan (09/17/04)

I think this book is fantastic, it goes to show that some people dont even care and stop to think about how lucky they are whilst others are suffering. Mende is the most strongest person I have ever heard of, to have been through of all that and is still alive. Anyway atleast we know where all those people who treated her bad are going-TO HELL. Mende you know you are going to heaven girl, and one day you will see your family, for sure. She speaks from the heart, and although you may wonder why god has put this upon you, do not worry for god has a plan for all of us. I loved this book from the first time i started readning, it made me cry aswell, as I could almost imagine the kind of torture she must of been through.

5/5
and to mende may your future make up for atleast some of your past.
~* LA *~ (02/18/04)

A PAGE TURNER

if youve had trouble finding a book lately, that captured your attention (my problem) then by all means, pick up this one. Its well worth the price, and then some.

Its the devastating but true story of one little girl who was kidnapped from her isolated village in the sudan, and forced into slavery as a maid for a wealthy arab family.

Its a tragic story and it must be read by everyone.
I agree with Davina's review in that the one thing lackin is the inclusion of information as to how to become active to combat this problem or even learn more about it.
I also reccomend the site that mr fransic bok works for
(very informative)

OK, so do yourself a favor and
read this book !

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E