Reader reviews and comments on The Last Juror, plus links to write your own review.

by John Grisham

Feb 2004, 368 pages
    Dec 2004, 496 pages

There are currently 14 reader reviews for The Last Juror

kristelle (01/01/06)

The Last Juror
i Need to read this book because of such book report project.The first chapter was really boring bur as the chapter continues, the more the climax become near..This book is really awesome and I recommend this book to all ages especially book lovers..

A two thumbs up!
Anonymous (02/05/05)

I believe that John Grisham's The Last Juror conveys round characters and a suspenseful plot. The ending is in no way predictable (unless you skipped ahead and read the last chapter as that is the only way you would know the ending). You find yourself in the novel along side, Willie, reporting for the Ford County Times and being hopelessly scrutinized by the Padgitts. This book was thoroughly enjoyable, and if you enjoy legal dramas then you will find yourself ingulfed in Grisham's magical writing.

I am sixteen years old and taking AP classes, (they count as college credit) so do not disregard my review as a "child's opinion"
Ben (01/07/05)

I am 16 years old and this was the first Grisham book that I have read and I believe that this was a good book. Although I had not read any of his books I have seen a couple of his movies (The Firm and Runaway Jury). When I picked this book up I was expecting it to be another one of his courtroom thrillers focusing on one of the jurors, but I was wrong. Do not take this the wrong way though; "The Last Juror" was a very good book that focused more on some of the moral issues happening in the 60's and 70's, like racism and the color barrier. One of the best highlights in this book was the character development. The character of Miss Callie, the mild-mannered African American, and the very enjoyable and hilarious red-neck character of Harry Rex were all great. Overall I enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to reading the next John Grisham book.
Kathie (01/05/05)

this doesn't seem to know what kind of book it wants to be. it is not particularly suspenseful, and rather obvious, however it is a great character study of a small southern town and interesting to see the hero 'grow up' amongst the townfolk.
Misty (01/03/05)

This is the first Grishom book I've read since A Time to Kill and I thought it was fabulous. I love the way he described the characters, even if they were only there for the moment. The ending was a complete surprise! I began to wonder how he would fifnish the book in the last chapter. I read the book in just a couple of days, couldn't put it down.
ralphomaha (12/27/04)

I think I have read all of John Grisham's books. This is not his best, but it is still a good read. He divided the book into three sections and for a while in the second section it seems to be another book. However at the end he ties the whole thing together quite well. A Grisham fan will find this book enjoyable.
Paulette Sioson (10/10/04)

I have read most Grisham's books except for Skipping Xmas and Bleachers. I must say that I am so totally disappointed with this book.

The ending was pretty obvious chapters before it was even delivered. There were a lot of irrelevant characters and situations -- very not Grisham.

Boo hoo!
Erin Gross (09/10/04)

I love John Grisham and thought this book was his best. I am fifteen years old and the first book of his, I read when I was twelve, it was Pelican Brief, then I read A Time to Kill, The Firm, and The Chamber. John Grisham does such a great job at explaining the characters, I really feel I know them, which makes it that more emotional to read his books.

• Book Jacket: The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko
    The Bones of Grace
    by Tahmima Anam

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

Underground Airlines