Reader reviews and comments on The Conch Bearer, plus links to write your own review.

by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

Sep 2003, 272 pages
    Mar 2005, 272 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for The Conch Bearer

Ryan Schoerner (01/17/08)

Excellent
I adored this book and would advise anyone to give it a shot.
13yr old reader (09/30/07)

The Conch Bearer
Even from the start, it didn't capture me. I found myself skipping chunks and still not missing out on the base f the story. I found that it went on and on and 'waffled.' This book changed my mood-for the worst. I found myself irritable and angry-- not a good read, I don't recommend it.
Student from St.John Fine Arts (10/10/06)

Amazing Book BUY$ BUY$
This book will capture your mind and give it a wicked, magical twist. The Indian Setting makes it more mysterious.
Well Done Mrs. Divakaruni!!
Kevin kok (11/13/05)

The Conch Bearer
A twelve year old boy named ," Anand " is entrusted with a conch shell that possesses mystical powers . Anand's task is to return the conch to its rightful home in Silver Valley. His task was given by a old man named , " Abhaydatta " , but Anand and a girl named " Nisha " calls him Dadaji.
Janine (04/06/05)

READ IT!!!!!
This book is amazing i read this whole book in a week that is the fastest i have ever read before because i always want to keep reading it had me on the edge of my chair it was so good i am starting to read it again.

• Book Jacket: All We Have Left
    by Louise Penny
  • Book Jacket: Homegoing
    Homegoing
    by Yaa Gyasi

If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves

The Big Holiday Wordplay: