Reader reviews and comments on A Walk In The Woods, plus links to write your own review.

A Walk In The Woods

Jun 1998, 274 pages
    May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 28 reader reviews for A Walk In The Woods

chelsea (10/25/04)

I LOVED IT!! I laughed till I cried.
katie (10/05/04)

I thought it would have been better minus all of the factual stuff because that just sarted to get toooooooooooooooo long!
jordan (09/20/04)

i hated it
Anne (09/18/04)

I loved_this book. Bill Bryson presents his story with wit and intelligence, making it an enjoyable and enlightening read. He isn't snide or crass, and his humor bears more affection than it does sarcasm, which is frequently used by less talented authors as a subsitute for wit. It also includes facinating passages about the trails history, which if read in a texbook could have been boring or at least harder to get through. He has the uncanny ability to make each and every situation an adventure, and every page is better than the last. It's an excellent travel book for all readers who enjoy humor and history. I've read it over and over again and it never fails to amuse me. Read it!
Sara (01/29/04)

I think this is one of the funniest books I have ever read. I've read it three times and it never fails to make me laugh each and every time, even though I know what's going to happen. I would highly suggest reading this book if you're looking for something fun to read!!
Al Gunther (08/29/03)

I listened to the audio version of the book, and was thouroughly entertained during the entire reading.
The book really gave great word descriptions of the scenery and during the 5 days it took me to listen to
the book, I visited the Internet to look into further information on the trail, and on places of interest, such
as Centralia, Pa. and Mount Washington in New Hampshire. Thus I was not only greatly entertained by the
book, but also educated on areas that up until then, I was not aware of. My thanks to the author and the
makers of the audio book for many hours of relaxing driving and a good educational experience.
Mia (05/27/03)

Bill Bryson's humor was hilariously funny. This is a light read you'll get through in one day. I highly recommend it!
Profgreg (01/21/03)

Often hilariously funny and occasionally frighteningly serious. His descriptions are vivid without being tedious. Read it in one day! Highly recommend.

• Book Jacket: The Art of the Wasted Day
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes