Reader reviews and comments on Lord John and The Private Matter, plus links to write your own review.

Lord John and The Private Matter

by Diana Gabaldon

Lord John and The Private Matter

Sep 2003, 320 pages
    Oct 2004, 368 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Lord John and The Private Matter

Catherine (10/23/07)

Very disappointing
I have loved the Outlander series and was looking forward to the Lord John series. I have nearly finished the 2nd and I must say Ms. Gabaldon was either bored, misguided, or under pressure from her publisher for more material. I am not in any way homophobic, but I find the constant rhetoric of "love" in these tomes extremely tiresome. These two books are giveaways for me. Please give us more Claire and Jamie. That is was she is good at. The old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", definitely applies here. Very irritating reads.
Sharon Haas (11/21/03)

As a big fan of Gabaldons Outland series I was prepared to like this book, that features a minor character from the the series, before I read it.
I wasn't disapointed!
The story is a great deal of fun on top of a great mystery with a liberal dose of unique historical trivia thrown in.
You will laugh out loud a couple of pages into the book when the meaning of the title hits you!

• Book Jacket: Harmony

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review