Reader reviews and comments on Mountains Beyond Mountains, plus links to write your own review.

Mountains Beyond Mountains

Sep 2003, 336 pages
    Aug 2004, 336 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for Mountains Beyond Mountains

Ryan (11/04/04)

Astounding book. Has the power to disturb even the most apathetic. People need to read this book and learn more about the power of one to change the world.
Joe (03/26/04)

This book is outstanding. Tracy Kidder does a remarkable job of portraying Paul Farmer not as just some stereotyped "do good" doctor, but as a human with foibles and imperfections as well. The narrative background into Farmer's childhood and marriage is perhaps a bit brief, as this book attempts to cover a lot of territory. However, given the compassionate portrayal of the Haitians and the continuously absorbing narrative, any of the books imperfections just seem to fade away. Just as any of Paul Farmer's imperfections fade away in light of his great love for the poor of this world and his service to humanity.
Ron (01/14/04)

An inspirational story that has the power to make you want to change your life. Tracy Kidder does an amazing job of telling this story, one that truly needed to be told. I can only hope this book finds it's way into the homes of millions and millions of people, for it is one of the most moving stories I have ever read.

• Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
  • Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Sometimes I Lie