Reader reviews and comments on Eragon, plus links to write your own review.

Eragon

Apr 2005, 500 pages

There are currently 298 reader reviews for Eragon

jordan (11/15/11)

Lousy novel
Anyone who enjoys this book has obviously not read any literature that has a point. His copying is evident and his lack of creative ideas is appalling! Paolini should not have been allowed to publish the piece of junk. Paolini further showed his inexperience by not being able to figure out how many books were in the series. I have read the first three books and will probably read the fourth just to make sure that all of my predictions were correct.
imacavan (12/30/10)

An epic tale
This book is extremely good! One of the best parts was the ending battle between the Urgals and the Varden. Another great part was Eragon facing two guys named Ra'zac in a tomb or some cave. But confusing when Arya said that Eragon paid a terrible price when he has just a scratch on his back. Also why/ how did the shade know where the elf was in the beginning when he was looking for the egg? There was a horrer part where a whole town of people was killed and stacked on top of each other. But even that is a good part because everyone who reads it wants to figure out how it happened.

There are way more interesting parts in the book. One of them is that a were-cat is involved. Another was how Eragon can listen to other people/ animals/ etc. minds. Also a interesting part of the book is Eragon can do magic. There was a part where Eragon keeps dreaming about a elf that was tortured and in a cell. So he wanted to know where she or he is so he can free it. If you want to know more about Eragon then you have to read it!
kamart98 (10/03/10)

eragon
I loved it more than Holes ( my fav book) which I have read 34 times!
vova621 (08/28/10)

Eragon is the bst book EVER!
Eragon is an exiting fantasy novel with lots of characters. I think it was great and now Ive read it 5 times!
mary (01/07/10)

good book
This is one of my favorite books! The characters are good, and the action non stop. I think Durza is an awesome character.
jonah Bowe (06/04/09)

Eragon is amazing!
Eragon is the first book in the inheritance series, it’s spectacular! If you’re looking for a good book look no further, Eragon starts fast and gets faster! It’s amazing you will be hooked by the first page! I guarantee.
This book is about a young farmer named Eragon, everything is normal when Eragon finds a dragon egg! And then the fun begins, I know that you will love this book. Eragon is the best fantasy book in the history of mankind!
   This book is a mix of FANTASY AND ADVENTURE! This book is my all-time favorite book, and if you don’t like then you must not like reading!
Mythical Dragons (01/24/09)

Eragon Review
I love this book! I read it last summer and fell in love with the characters, setting, and of course, the dragons. I recommend this book for 4th graders and up.
A Rely Bab Spelur (10/16/08)

A GREAT JOB
As some people have said, it goes along with the whole, humble farm boy one day, powerful knight/sorcerer/jedi the next, and yes, its based on the humans, elfs, dwarves, dragons, magic cliche.
BUT, it does it so well! In my opinion it is one of the best versions of it since Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.
and to the best of my knowledge the mental link between dragons and riders is completely original, so are the concept of Eldunari, the dragons soul.
So anyone who calls the inheritance cycle completely unoriginal, you obviously haven't read the books.
[Editor's note: A mental link between dragons and riders is not a new concept. For example, Anne McCaffrey's Pern series].

One Month Free Membership

Underground Airlines
    by Ben Winters

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

Circling the Sun