Reader reviews and comments on The Greatest Generation, plus links to write your own review.

The Greatest Generation

by Tom Brokaw

The Greatest Generation by Tom Brokaw

Nov 1998, 412 pages
    May 2001, 412 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for The Greatest Generation

Anonymous (08/12/01)

William Taft
Although I read the book about a year and a half ago, and many others have been read since, it still resonates and sticks in my mind. It was the first piece of literature that I read that was based on war, and since my consuming its pages, I have become interested in the lives that are lived and lost in war. The book is not just an overview of historical events- it is a collection of stories, emotions and events that combine to give the reader a sense of humanity in a most inhumane atmosphere. The book, in my opinion, delivers an emotional charge while stimulating the intellect.
Anonymous (08/12/01)

Ed Edge
This book the greatest generation, I find it funny Brokaw would call them "the greatest" I personally don't think they were, and here's my reasoning, this was the same generation they tolerated discrimination, and allowed it to continue. this was also the same generation that would've told a black person to ride in the back of the bus. an as for winning ww2 at first the united didn't care less about what was happening to the Jews much less Germany at the time, they even supported Hitler for awhile until pearl harbor was bombed. I think tom missed the mark on this one. the ww2 generation had their false and it took their kids and grankids to point out that racism was wrong.

Discover your next great read here

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

There is no such thing as a moral or immoral book. Books are either well written or badly written. That is all.

W's M T Store?