Reader reviews and comments on The Time Traveler's Wife, plus links to write your own review.

The Time Traveler's Wife

by Audrey Niffenegger

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger X
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Aug 2003, 518 pages
    May 2004, 560 pages

There are currently 51 reader reviews for The Time Traveler's Wife

Lori (11/14/03)

I am a book junkie. I work in a library, and at a bookstore on weekends, for the love of books. At this year's BEA in June, someone at the MacAdam/Cage booth pressed this book into my hands as I was walking through the exhibition hall. Later, in my hotel, I opened it, because the title implied a SF theme. Then I sat in a chair through the night. I don't think I moved; I just read.
The book mesmerized me. When I got home, I called someone whose opinion I trust, "You have to read this book. I have to know if it's just me, or if this is terrific."
It is terrific. The writing describes loneliness and fear, love and joy, pain and sorrow lucidly, beautifully, compellingly.
Two weeks later, I had to read it again. I missed Henry, and Clare.
My friend argued with me about something Henry had done. It matters, in our lives, because we care, and care deeply, for these people.
I want a book about Alba. I want a book about how differently Clare and Alba cope with their loss than Henry and his father coped with theirs.
I couldn't wait for the publication date. Since the book was published, I've probably hand-sold fifty copies. I'll sell more.
This Niffenegger can write.
Susan (10/22/03)

I am on the last 50 pages of this book, and I don't want it to end. The relationship of Clare and Henry has been breathtaking, truly. The writing is eloquent and paints pictures that are vivid and touching. What a find!
Julie B in California (10/18/03)

Don't let the length of this book intimidate you! It's a wonderful read. You will find yourself thinking about the characters long after you put the book down, and I was extremely sad when I finished it. Even though this book jumps all over time, it is easy to keep track of what is happening in the character's lives. The love story is amazing without being sappy. Clare (especially Clare!) and Henry are true examples of selfless and timeless (excuse the poor pun) love.

• Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...
  • Book Jacket: Picture Us In The Light
    Picture Us In The Light
    by Kelly Loy Gilbert
    Kelly Loy Gilbert presents a beautiful narrative with myriad intertwined plotlines that explores the...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Eternal Life
    by Dara Horn

The award-winning author returns with an ingenious novel about what it would mean to live forever.

Win The Comedown