Reader reviews and comments on The Time Traveler's Wife, plus links to write your own review.

The Time Traveler's Wife

by Audrey Niffenegger

The Time Traveler's Wife

Aug 2003, 518 pages
    May 2004, 560 pages

There are currently 51 reader reviews for The Time Traveler's Wife

Scott Howard (08/13/04)

Recommended to me by a friend, this book completely blew me away. The story was totally engrossing, and became as addictive as the DaVinci Code was to me, though this is a completely different style. Laugh-out-loud moments abound, along with plenty of love, mystery, excitement, romance and tragedy. It affected me greatly and I did not want it to end. Absolutely stellar.
Tabitha (01/30/04)

An entrancing novel and a fascinating concept. It’s terrific job how all the loose ends are being tied together toward the end of the novel. The order of the scenes, rather than chapters is brilliantly done, after reading five pages you have a pretty good idea of what to expect and yet throughout the book no scene is without surprises. It’s great fun to see the same event through Clare’s eyes and then through Henry’s eyes, or vice versa. The very concept of the book invites you to read it again, knowing ahead what is going to happen does not spoil it one bit, because that is the very thing Henry and Clare have to deal with all the time.
marika (01/07/04)

As a Public Librarian, I have access to thousands of books. I absolutely loved this book. The Time Traveler's Wife is a delicious, beautiful novel, that you won't want to end. If someone had told me that I would be reading a book about time travel I would have scoffed, as it's not my cup of tea. I am SOOO glad that I read reviews by people that I trusted and read this gem!
Candace (01/04/04)

Audrey Niffenegger will go on my all-too-short list of authors' books I will read without even opening the cover first! I couldn't put The Time Traveler's Wife down. Once I quit worrying about keeping track of the dates, I was mesmerized. What wonderful expressions throughout. As I flipped through the final pages, I didn't want the experience to end. Hurry, Audrey... I want more!!!!!
Shelley (12/21/03)

This was a wonderful book. Amazing effor for a first time author (or any for that matter). The story is very well written and not as confusing as one might think. There are little hints here and there of what's coming and it's all explained methodically and logically. I'm a big fan of time travel books and this is the best I've read!
gdthoms (12/19/03)

The best book I have read in the last two years!!!!!
lz (11/19/03)

I absolutely loved this book! I just didn't want it to end. Wow, what a gift to read it. Great characters, excellent theme: Love transcends Time. You will find yourself thinking about the characters long after you've finished the book. I did want to re-read it right away again too, just so I could be with them longer and see the foreshadowing more clearly through the jumbled timeline. (You might need to really concentrate, especially at the beginning, until you get the 'flow' of the book). But it just grabs you from the very beginning. ( Also as a Chicagoan, the location/setting details were wonderful too to read/experience on the page.)

<<edited for potential plot spoiler content>>

I hope you will read it and enjoy it as much as I did.

p.s. Here's a link to the Today Show (too-brief) interview with the author, Audrey Niffenegger:

(scroll down about 1/2 way to watch the video) Today show interview
Anonymous (11/18/03)

I gave my copy to a friend to read and I want it back NOW. I cannot stop thinking about these characters and I
want to read the book again. This is one of those rare books that you can read again almost immediately.
I like that the characters are not perfect. Henry, especially, walks the edge. This book has an edge to it that
surprised me. I guess it is the edge of reality and that is so cooly ironic in a book that is not based in reality.
Maybe that is what makes it all work so wonderfully for me. I miss these people.

• Book Jacket: Here I Am

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review