Reader reviews and comments on The Time Traveler's Wife, plus links to write your own review.

The Time Traveler's Wife

by Audrey Niffenegger

The Time Traveler's Wife

Aug 2003, 518 pages
    May 2004, 560 pages

There are currently 51 reader reviews for The Time Traveler's Wife

Karen - 27 years old (01/09/05)

This is by far the most beautifully told love story I have ever read. Henry and Clare's love and devotion to each other is the only constant they can depend on throughout all the chaos and hurdles they must endure. It is both lovely and sad. It made my day to day problems seem insignificant by comparison and made me appreciate my relationship that much more. Once I opened the book I found it almost impossible to put down. This book will grab you and plunge you right into their lives in such a way that you will know these characters inside out, share and feel their undescribable happiness as well as their heart wrenching pain. I absolutely recommend this book to anyone who believes in absolute, pure, simple, everlasting 'fairy tale' love we all want for ourselves.

Hilda Williams (01/08/05)

Excellent book, I could not put it down
Larissa (12/06/04)

I have found my favorite book of all time. I laughed, I cried, I read it over and over. Through this book I was able to satisfy my taste for hopeless romance without compromising reality. Yes, I know it's about time travel, how realistic is that? But the author creates such in-depth characters that they seem realistic, and you believe in them and their relationships. It's like a large scale version of the trials of every relationship. You see the happiness, the ocassional awkwardness, the fights. And it's all amplified by the fact that Henry can't stay put. But the most beautiful part of the book, in my opinion, was how easy it was to relate to Clare. Clare lived her life in a state of waiting and uncertainty for the moments in between with the man she loved. I'm only seventeen. Nobody knows the waiting and longing of Clare like a teenager. Waiting to move on, waiting to be with the ones we love, waiting to do what we want and become who we are. You know what, stop reading this and go read the book. Again.
ambitchus (11/09/04)

I loved the book, but the ending was empty.
Jo (10/30/04)

I loved this book sooo much! I don't remember the last time I felt this strongly about a book - I've never written into a forum before, but I just had to! I really can't pick up another book until I can get Clare and Henry out of my mind. I really feel like I know them and throughout the whole story I kept feeling like I could identify somehow, to both Clare and Henry, but I couldn't exactly put my finger on how. All through the day I would find myself thinking about their relationship, time travel, the logistics, the benefits, the drawbacks. I finished the book at least 2 weeks ago and I'm still enthralled with it. I'm going to suggest it to every person I know.
Erica in IL (10/20/04)

This is my absolute favorite book in at least the last year. I fell in love with both Clare and Henry. I used to live in Chicago and felt like I was one of their friends experiencing the book along with both of them. I don't remember the last time a book made me cry, but cry I did after I finished this book. As other reviewers have said, I missed Clare and Henry. I wanted to invite both Henry and Clare over to hang out.

I also saw so much of my husband and I in the characters, which made me more endeared to this book. I think what makes everyone love this book is that they see a part of themselves in the characters. They are the type of people that we all feel like we could love on an intimate level, as well as a friendship level.

I recently felt like I pushed this book on my sister . I wasn't sure how she would feel about it but she loved this book too. Since I finished this book in January, I've had a hard time finding books to read because I'm always looking for the next book that I will fall so deeply in love with and will grip me as this book did. My sister expressed to me that she doesn't want to start another book yet because she loved this book so much. Recommend it to everyone you know, even those you're not sure will like it. We both miss the characters.

I have only read one book twice in my life, it was Ramona Quimby, Age 8 when I was in 5th grade. The Time Traveler's Wife will probably be the second book that I read twice. My husband is doing this book for his book group next month. I can't wait to hear other people's reactions to this book. I have a feeling it will be a packed house.
Chris in PA (10/15/04)

I laughed, blushed, cried, sobbed, and thought. Time travel and real love, a real marriage; portrayed in such a way as to show both the power and frailty of the human heart and spirit. Inspirational and tragic; this is one of the best books I have ever read.
Mr. Carter (10/05/04)

simply outstanding...!! this book is the joy in the joy of reading... please pass this comment back the author.......

• Book Jacket: Holding Up the Universe
    The Guineveres
    by Sarah Domet

Win All the Gallant Men

All The Gallant Men

The first memoir by a USS Arizona survivor, 75 years after Pearl Harbor.

K Y Eyes P