Reader reviews and comments on The Century, plus links to write your own review.

The Century

• Published:
    Nov 1998, 608 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Century

sv (04/01/02)

this book has been very helpful for school history projects.
Anonymous (08/12/01)

Gabriella Hafner
I have had the opportunity to read most of the book in question. The overall writing style and the entire design of the book was to my liking. However, the authors of the book have forgotten one very important thing. They have forgotten to state in the beginning, or the end of the book, that "THIS BOOK CONTAINS THE AUTHORS' PERSONAL INTERPRETATION OF THE CENTURY'S HISTORY". Important historical facts were omitted or simply incorrectly explained. I would under NO circumstances give this book to my child or grandchild to learn about our century's history. It is extremely irresponsible to publish a book about anything that relates to history which does not correctly state the facts or misinterprets some facts. In summary, the outside is appealing but the contents are quite shallow and misleading.

One Month Free Membership

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko