Reader reviews and comments on The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, plus links to write your own review.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

by Mark Haddon

The Curious Incident  of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

Jun 2003, 240 pages
    May 2004, 240 pages

There are currently 46 reader reviews for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

Ingi (06/30/04)

It is a great book. I think I know Christopher, I worke with him here in Iceland. There is one thing that troubles me though. On page 21 - 27 the time line is 29 minutes, and in that time he goes from the police station and to his home where he plays 70 games of mine sweeper. Christopher is very accurate in his time logging, so I dont understand this.

Ingi
Charlie (05/28/04)

This is a superb book from this debut author. The book captures your interest from the first page and it doesn't wane throughout. The main character (Christopher) who suffers from Aspergers Syndrome is a wonderful character and from early on you really do feel like you know him and you empathize with the challenges that he faces. It's sad at times, but also rewarding. You so want everything to work out well for this young innocent boy, that you cannot put the book down. Superb...
Jim (05/16/04)

Just read it! It took me less than a day to read, but much more than a week to savour.
aga (05/13/04)

very good and interesting book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well done mark, thanx
sam (05/13/04)

absolutly brilliant! excellent!
Hannah Lister (05/12/04)

I thought the book was spectacular, the best book i've read in ages! I read the book within 48 hours because once you start reading it you just cant put it down. I would recommend it to anyone, it is brilliant!
claire m (04/21/04)

This book is un-put-downable... I read it within 24 hours. The author has got it spot on. A great portrayal of the world in which Asperger's sufferers exist. Superb.
Emma from London (04/11/04)

I only meant to glance at the first couple of lines of this book - but 3 hours later I had finished it. It is the most unique book I have read for a long time. After I had finished, I really felt that I had a much better understanding of Autism and living without emotion.

I was particularly touched by the way that Christopher and his parents show their love for each other - Christopher will only let them touch his finger tips, as anything like a hug would be too confining for him. This is obviously very difficult for his parents who, like any 'normal' people want to show their love for their son by hugging him - especially in times of high emotion.

I am curious to know how much Mark Haddon know about Autism, I hope that this book really has given me an insight into this condition. I recommend this book as an escape, an adventure, an education and above all, as a touching tale of love in difficult circumstances.

Discover your next great read here

Ghachar Ghochar
    by Vivek Shanbhag
    The Bengaluru (aka Bangalore) that has dominated economic news headlines over the past decade is the...
  • Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

When I get a little money I buy books...

O My D B