Reader reviews and comments on The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, plus links to write your own review.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

by Mark Haddon

The Curious Incident  of the Dog in the Night-Time

Jun 2003, 240 pages
    May 2004, 240 pages

There are currently 45 reader reviews for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

Charlie (05/28/04)

This is a superb book from this debut author. The book captures your interest from the first page and it doesn't wane throughout. The main character (Christopher) who suffers from Aspergers Syndrome is a wonderful character and from early on you really do feel like you know him and you empathize with the challenges that he faces. It's sad at times, but also rewarding. You so want everything to work out well for this young innocent boy, that you cannot put the book down. Superb...
Jim (05/16/04)

Just read it! It took me less than a day to read, but much more than a week to savour.
aga (05/13/04)

very good and interesting book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well done mark, thanx
sam (05/13/04)

absolutly brilliant! excellent!
Hannah Lister (05/12/04)

I thought the book was spectacular, the best book i've read in ages! I read the book within 48 hours because once you start reading it you just cant put it down. I would recommend it to anyone, it is brilliant!
claire m (04/21/04)

This book is un-put-downable... I read it within 24 hours. The author has got it spot on. A great portrayal of the world in which Asperger's sufferers exist. Superb.
Emma from London (04/11/04)

I only meant to glance at the first couple of lines of this book - but 3 hours later I had finished it. It is the most unique book I have read for a long time. After I had finished, I really felt that I had a much better understanding of Autism and living without emotion.

I was particularly touched by the way that Christopher and his parents show their love for each other - Christopher will only let them touch his finger tips, as anything like a hug would be too confining for him. This is obviously very difficult for his parents who, like any 'normal' people want to show their love for their son by hugging him - especially in times of high emotion.

I am curious to know how much Mark Haddon know about Autism, I hope that this book really has given me an insight into this condition. I recommend this book as an escape, an adventure, an education and above all, as a touching tale of love in difficult circumstances.
Oliver Barnicoat (04/10/04)

Being the father of a child with learning difficulties I have a slightly biased view of this book. It can be hard being a parent, and even harder being the child. Fustration is common. My personal view is that Mark has done an excellent job of bringing together the different aspects of a work of fiction, insight into the mind of an individual with asbergers and portraying through his eyes the real stress and tragedy that can befall carers. and I thoroughly reccommend this book to anyone wanting a riveting read.

• Book Jacket: Barkskins

Falling
    by Jane Green

All Is Not Forgotten
    by Wendy Walker

This is fast-paced psychological suspense/thriller at it's very best.

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All