Reader reviews and comments on The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, plus links to write your own review.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

by Mark Haddon

The Curious Incident  of the Dog in the Night-Time

Jun 2003, 240 pages
    May 2004, 240 pages

There are currently 46 reader reviews for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

Anonymous (12/03/04)

I like this book because i can interpret the felelings of CJ
Ruta (10/27/04)

I Like this book very much :) it's cooli fink :) i loved it :) :* every day i read it... i'm 13 years old :)))) and i love this book!
Amber D (10/11/04)

Amber - BookBrowse

Hi Twin,

You may be able to obtain this information by contacting the publisher, Doubleday, at ddaypub@randomhouse.com. Doubleday is a division of Random House, and their contact page is at:
Contact Random House / Doubleday.

Best wishes in your search,
Amber
twin (10/11/04)

Can you tell me how many books were sold in Engalnd, in wales , in america, in spain seperately all over the world. Many thanks.
Ann Marie (09/16/04)

I have worked with young people with Asberger's Syndrome and I am really happy with Mark Haddon's character Christopher. He has managed to portray the level of anxiety brought about by new situations, changes and reactions experienced by those with the syndrome. It should be in the Special Needs Toolkit sent out to all schools in the UK and read by every support worker, teacher and other profesional's who work alongside them.

I congratulate him on showing the delightful side of seeing the world through different eyes, although Christopher would never understand what I have just said. The next time readers of this remarkable book encounter someone who clearly is not following metaphors then they may consider giving instructions or ansering in a straight forward manner. Come to think of it, we could all possibly manage to communicate better if we assumed each one of us is a Christropher until we know each other better.

I strongly recomend reading this book.
patricia (08/16/04)

I finished this book a month ago and I'm still thinking about it. I have a 22-year-old daughter with autism, so I took a particular interest in the character of Christopher. From what I know of autism, I think Haddon hit it right. Of course, Christopher's quirks, obsessions, and limitations might not be the same as other people we know with autism. However, I think he captured the essence of the disability in a poignant, yet comical way. He also did a great job in communicating Christopher's parents' frustration-tinged love for their son.

I see only one flaw in the depiction of Christopher. If he detests the color brown, I think he would have a real problem eating baked beans!

Patricia from Florida
Eleanor (08/05/04)

Im only 16 years old and my mum brought this book home one night and told me I should read it. I couldnt put it down, this book helped me delve into the mind of Christopher Boone, before now I didnt not know any one like this so it showed me what it would be like to have to live with somebody like this. I am now im doing an assignment on it and that is how I came upon this sight I had no idea that so many people enjoyed this book as I have! I could not put this book down it was amazing!!!
Hannah Halliday (07/30/04)

I think this book was really good

• Book Jacket: Holding Up the Universe
    The Guineveres
    by Sarah Domet

Win All the Gallant Men

All The Gallant Men

The first memoir by a USS Arizona survivor, 75 years after Pearl Harbor.

K Y Eyes P