Reader reviews and comments on The Kite Runner, plus links to write your own review.

The Kite Runner

Apr 2004, 384 pages

There are currently 75 reader reviews for The Kite Runner

Emma

Amazing
The Kite Runner is by far the greatest book I have ever read. Absolute perfection.
Garrison

The Kite Runner
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini was one of the most intriguing, attention grabbing books I have ever read. This vivid tale is about two young boys, Amir and Hassan, growing up in Afghanistan and their adventures of kite running and kite fighting.

As I read the book, I felt so connected and attached to the characters, almost as if I was living in their world. I also learned a lot about Middle Eastern culture and lifestyle. The only negative part of the book was the rape scenes that were a bit graphic and explicit. Overall the book was outstanding and made you want more, a must read.
Diana

Thank you!
This book gave me a glimpse of what life was like 30 years ago in Afghanistan and it validates a reason for our troops to be there now. I wish we could end the war now but how could we turn our backs on these people? This book will be a must read this summer for our family.
Rater

Amazing novel!
This book is a wonderful book. It depicts the conflicts about other countries, as well as self-conflict that these children and families deal with everyday. Overall, a wonderful story line and a great pleasure read.
dr.saqib

serene and calm
The Kite Runner steals your heart away. It's written in such a detached way from today's fast life with the characters developing slowly, powerfully and eventually becoming a part of yours. You are able to connect with the novel so emotionally that the characters almost seem like a part of your life. You feel pity for some, anger for others, and heave a sigh of relief in the very end. Very satisfying experience
Diane

studying the kite runner
The Kite Runner is a great book to study at any level. I am studying it for English Literature A.S. level. At times the book is shocking, so be prepared for an array of emotions, such is the power of the book. The book is rich in characterisation and manages to shed some light on the troubles of Afghanistan.
Sarah

Array of Issues
This book is absolutely brilliant. For all those avid book readers, please don't miss out on reading this. Racism, wealth, classes of people, and many other issues are brought up in this book, and they are all of significance. Get your hands on a copy of this, because you wont be able to put it down once you do!
Denise

Amazing
This book, this writer has captured my mind and heart in every way. I am usually very turned off my books I don't feel I will be interested in, I stick to true crime. But when I read this book the way he wrote it captured my imagination, I could see the characters, cried when I imagined what Hassan went through and his son. This book is truly captivating, I had to read A Thousand Splendid Suns and it was equally riveting. I have recommended this book to everyone I know and I hope people get a chance to become a part of this writer. All in all next to his 2nd book this is the best book I have ever read.

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers