Reader reviews and comments on A Short History of Nearly Everything, plus links to write your own review.

A Short History of Nearly Everything

Sep 2004, 560 pages

There are currently 15 reader reviews for A Short History of Nearly Everything

lib (08/21/07)

horrible
although this book may be very informative, it is the most boring thing that i have ever sat down and tried to read. This book is so long and very hard to get through. unless someone has nothing better to do i would not recomend it to anyone.
Macca (02/03/05)

I wish had read this book before I did my science degree....it would have saved three years of my life. Bryson's book has reinvigorated my youthful curiosity for knowledge. 'It's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.'
Peter Kirby (12/27/04)

A terrific read, Bryson cleverly blends science and wit.
Tara Winter (12/24/04)

A interesting look at the scientific take on life
Steve Pearce (10/29/04)

Bryson's sheer readability turns some of the most complex ideas imaginable into a wonderfully entertaining book, packed full of humour and fascinating detail. A quite incredible achievement, particularly when one considers he was travelling at 600 miles per hour while writing it!
Tony Taylor Retired Engineer (10/03/04)

It fills in the education gap some of which I should have been taught at school!
Jack Beadle (09/21/04)

I only read a short bit though at the moment it seems to be a very enjoyable book and i look forward to reading more.
Luke (09/14/04)

Amazing

• Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
  • Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Sometimes I Lie