Reader reviews and comments on A Short History of Nearly Everything, plus links to write your own review.

A Short History of Nearly Everything

Sep 2004, 560 pages

There are currently 15 reader reviews for A Short History of Nearly Everything

lib (08/21/07)

horrible
although this book may be very informative, it is the most boring thing that i have ever sat down and tried to read. This book is so long and very hard to get through. unless someone has nothing better to do i would not recomend it to anyone.
Macca (02/03/05)

I wish had read this book before I did my science degree....it would have saved three years of my life. Bryson's book has reinvigorated my youthful curiosity for knowledge. 'It's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.'
Peter Kirby (12/27/04)

A terrific read, Bryson cleverly blends science and wit.
Tara Winter (12/24/04)

A interesting look at the scientific take on life
Steve Pearce (10/29/04)

Bryson's sheer readability turns some of the most complex ideas imaginable into a wonderfully entertaining book, packed full of humour and fascinating detail. A quite incredible achievement, particularly when one considers he was travelling at 600 miles per hour while writing it!
Tony Taylor Retired Engineer (10/03/04)

It fills in the education gap some of which I should have been taught at school!
Jack Beadle (09/21/04)

I only read a short bit though at the moment it seems to be a very enjoyable book and i look forward to reading more.
Luke (09/14/04)

• Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

As Bright as Heaven
    by Susan Meissner

A story of a family reborn through loss and love in Philadelphia during the flu epidemic of 1918.

Next Year in Havana
    by Chanel Cleeton

a Cuban-American woman travels to Havana, where she finds a family secret hidden since the revolution.

Win The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

A gripping novel from the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy.

G O T P, B The P, F T P