Reader reviews and comments on The Winter Queen, plus links to write your own review.

The Winter Queen

by Boris Akunin

The Winter Queen

May 2003, 256 pages
    Mar 2004, 264 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for The Winter Queen

Marta (08/28/03)

I am writing from Barcelona. I have already read four Fandorin's stories (two in Catalan and two in Spanish). They are great! I usually read books in Catalan but I can't wait for the translations to be done! Translations into Spanish appear earlier. I enjoy reading that Fandorin has a lot of admirers in America.
Katsyd (08/28/03)

The best!!!!!!!!!! Boris is the number 1 selling author in Russia. There are a total of about 9 Erast Fandorin novels, I hope that all of them will be translated in English.
Anonymous (07/01/03)

A very interesting new author to read and watch. Boris has sold over 19 million books in Russia. A Winter Queen is a period piece. I'd call it Victorian. It mixes romance and exceptional character development with an interesting story. Fun read. Great summer beach read-- it'll keep you cool on the beach.
Art (06/07/03)

To all those waiting for the new Agatha Christie or Arthur Conan Doyle -- the wait is over. This is a must-read for the lovers of high-quality mystery novels. The storyline is suspenseful and emotional, the setting is charming, the language is delightful. You will not be able to put it down. Honestly.

One Month Free Membership

The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko
    by Scott Stambach

"An auspicious, gut-wrenching, wonderful debut." - Kirkus, starred review

Underground Airlines
    by Ben Winters

Spinster
by Kate Bolick

A bold, original, moving book that will inspire fanatical devotion and ignite debate.

Win Lady Cop Makes Trouble