Reader reviews and comments on The Winter Queen, plus links to write your own review.

The Winter Queen

by Boris Akunin

The Winter Queen

May 2003, 256 pages
    Mar 2004, 264 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for The Winter Queen

Marta (08/28/03)

I am writing from Barcelona. I have already read four Fandorin's stories (two in Catalan and two in Spanish). They are great! I usually read books in Catalan but I can't wait for the translations to be done! Translations into Spanish appear earlier. I enjoy reading that Fandorin has a lot of admirers in America.
Katsyd (08/28/03)

The best!!!!!!!!!! Boris is the number 1 selling author in Russia. There are a total of about 9 Erast Fandorin novels, I hope that all of them will be translated in English.
Anonymous (07/01/03)

A very interesting new author to read and watch. Boris has sold over 19 million books in Russia. A Winter Queen is a period piece. I'd call it Victorian. It mixes romance and exceptional character development with an interesting story. Fun read. Great summer beach read-- it'll keep you cool on the beach.
Art (06/07/03)

To all those waiting for the new Agatha Christie or Arthur Conan Doyle -- the wait is over. This is a must-read for the lovers of high-quality mystery novels. The storyline is suspenseful and emotional, the setting is charming, the language is delightful. You will not be able to put it down. Honestly.

• Book Jacket: A Gentleman in Moscow
    Night of the Animals
    by Bill Broun

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review