Reader reviews and comments on The Winter Queen, plus links to write your own review.

The Winter Queen

by Boris Akunin

The Winter Queen

May 2003, 256 pages
    Mar 2004, 264 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for The Winter Queen

Marta (08/28/03)

I am writing from Barcelona. I have already read four Fandorin's stories (two in Catalan and two in Spanish). They are great! I usually read books in Catalan but I can't wait for the translations to be done! Translations into Spanish appear earlier. I enjoy reading that Fandorin has a lot of admirers in America.
Katsyd (08/28/03)

The best!!!!!!!!!! Boris is the number 1 selling author in Russia. There are a total of about 9 Erast Fandorin novels, I hope that all of them will be translated in English.
Anonymous (07/01/03)

A very interesting new author to read and watch. Boris has sold over 19 million books in Russia. A Winter Queen is a period piece. I'd call it Victorian. It mixes romance and exceptional character development with an interesting story. Fun read. Great summer beach read-- it'll keep you cool on the beach.
Art (06/07/03)

To all those waiting for the new Agatha Christie or Arthur Conan Doyle -- the wait is over. This is a must-read for the lovers of high-quality mystery novels. The storyline is suspenseful and emotional, the setting is charming, the language is delightful. You will not be able to put it down. Honestly.

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti
  • Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    So Say the Fallen
    by Stuart Neville

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.