Reader reviews and comments on A Brief History of The Flood, plus links to write your own review.

A Brief History of The Flood

by Jean Harfenist

A Brief History of The Flood

Not Yet Rated
    Jun 2002, 224 pages
    Jul 2003, 224 pages

There is 1 reader review for A Brief History of The Flood

Susan Chiavelli (06/30/03)

Looking for a summer Book Club pick? A Brief History of the Flood is that rare book that can't be put down, and one you'll want to read again and again.  Like pieces in a jigsaw puzzle, each chapter fits together with a satisfying click to reveal an insightful picture of an unforgettable family of unique characters. Read the excerpt and I guarantee you'll be captivated by Harfenist's voice, wit, and the wisdom that comes with understanding how we all grow up survivors of imperfect families. If you liked Mary Karr's memoir, The Liars Club, you will love this book. It may be billed as fiction, but it has the unmistakable ring of truth. Ironically, A Brief History of the Flood turns out to be a life preserver--reminding each of us how our unique childhood journeys help determine our destination in the world, and how understanding the past can buoy us in the present.

• Book Jacket: A Great Reckoning
    by Yaa Gyasi
  • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
    When Breath Becomes Air
    by Paul Kalanithi

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power

The Big Holiday Wordplay: