Reader reviews and comments on The Da Vinci Code, plus links to write your own review.

The Da Vinci Code

by Dan Brown

The Da Vinci Code

Mar 2003, 464 pages
    Mar 2006, 496 pages

There are currently 162 reader reviews for The Da Vinci Code

amortiser (01/30/05)

You note the discrepency in the length of the driveway but you have failed to take note of the owner's problems with the French government and bureaucracy. Brown has amplified this in a spectacular way in that in this short time they have resumed half his land.

anne bertrand (01/27/05)

I am a 61 year old Catholic, and have no plans to leave the faith because of Davinci. However, I read the book and had a good laugh. Its fiction people. Go look at the paintings if you must, try and find the clues. As a suspense novel, it had a fast and furious pace. As a mystery, well, I wasnt too mystified about most details, and very mystified by others. I have never read a book to check out my ability to find lilttle picky errors in details. This kind of adventure book is not the place to start. Everything was just wrapped up too neatly in the last few pages for a really good book. (in my opinion). I have never found a book in all my years of reading that caused such and uproar. You either love this book or hate this book. There is very little ground between. It all goes back to never argue about religion. Its Just a Book. Just A Fun Read.
Jensen (01/26/05)

Very good book! You better read it or else you will miss the one time opppertunity of reading the number one book in the entire world!!!!!
Lelo (01/23/05)

There are some incoherences in the novel. Everything seemed so easy for Langdon and Sophie. I mean, Mr. Vernet going out with them in a car of the bank without being noticed? Then, how did they escape from the cops in England? How did they escape in the museum? Come on!
Silas's fan (01/22/05)

I didnt like the ending. Too much fuss about nothing.
Ana Victoria Wo Ching Wong (01/21/05)

This book was interesting in the first chapters. Then it just turned predictable. I'm almost sure Mr. Brown has read The Brotherhood of the Rose (by David Morrel) and Umberto Eco's The name of the rose, but couldn't make a good book. I wonder why it is a bestseller. Some episodes of Third Watch are actually better written than this light "novel".
your average Joe (01/20/05)

This book was simply disappointing. It would make a nice Sunday afternoon movie, but that's it. It's just overloaded with clichés.
MS 32 (01/20/05)

This novel was phenomenal. Dan Brown continues his excellence in writing, storytelling, and reader interest. I simply could not put this book down. I couldn't handle putting down his first Robert Langdon adventure "Angels & Demons". These books are so great for readers of all ages. I am in the youngest age group of readers for this book. As a young adult of 14, I appreciate this brilliant writing. Many of the books I read are fun and cute, yet they do not have superior plot development, action/adventure, romance, and intelligence. I enjoyed the book "Angels & Demons" even more than i did DVC. I also read Dan Brown's novel "Digital Fortress" and enjoyed that as well. I am currently in the middle of "Deception Point" which is the final Dan Brown novel in print. I am also anxiously awaiting his fifth book, the third in the Robert Langdon series.

P.S. - There is a great online treasure hunt type of activity involving codes and the "Da Vinci Code" book. The site is

it is very challenging and time consuming as well. "GOOGLE" is really helpful for this type of activity. I have completed most of it so far and can't wait for the time to finish the rest. When you have a day off, or when school or work gets a touch boring, visiting this site is a great task. Later...MS 32

• Book Jacket: Hag-Seed
    by Margaret Atwood
    There's a scene in The Tempest that many critics have concluded is indicative of Shakespeare&#...
  • Book Jacket: Crossing the Horizon
    Crossing the Horizon
    by Laurie Notaro

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.