Reader reviews and comments on The Da Vinci Code, plus links to write your own review.

The Da Vinci Code

by Dan Brown

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

Mar 2003, 464 pages
    Mar 2006, 496 pages

There are currently 162 reader reviews for The Da Vinci Code

webster (03/10/06)

fissure-squeezing
i must admit that i've read the book because it is very intriguing. but no regrets at all... i know, many people would definitely not give this book a perfect rating because as they judge it, their faith comes in meddling with the verdict to be made. the book is really extraordinary. well, as all of the books in our market is, it is just composed of a story and ideas of the writer. i must say that dan brown has no intentions of fooling us or persuade us not to believe anymore in our faith. for me, facts are facts, fictions are fictions.we can never argue anymore with history if we are somehow affected by the annotations in the novel. i, like many of us, was born catholic but respects other faith. i do believe that there is a supreme being over us. and thank's to him... well, i must concede that the book is right in one of its lines: our faith(on everything at that) today is just a product of fabrications in our history... while living, what we must do possess is learn how to respect, appreciate and judge unfavorably. i understand others who hate this book, but, please open your eyes... we're not living in the barbaric era, we are in the modern world... i mean, conform with the reality visible today! just believe on what you believe is right... and everything will turn out fine...
britney (12/10/05)

Just Neutral
DA VINCI CODE is one of the books i treasure most!!!why? not only because its intriguing,interesting and suspense it also gives us another view about the Bible.the only thing that i do not like the book is its ending,it is so predictable!! i also do not like the negative things they say about the Bible and the Christian community.reading the book doesn't mean that you doubt the Christian community it means that you are eager to know about the other things others look up to.to mr. brown, i would like to say that i like your book and please stop critisizing the Christian community!!!!!!!!!
Bernard (08/05/05)

Disappointing but exciting
This book doesn't deserve all the praise it's getting.
It is a very exciting book, with a cliffhanger ending to every chapter and very short chapters.
I felt It was poorly written and a duplicate of every other book Dan Brown's ever written. For the accuracy of this book, I think that it plays well to tell readers that most of the findings in the book are fact. I don't believe they are. Remember, they also told us that the Blair Witch Project was a documentary. It makes it easier for the reader to be involved in the story if they believe it to be somewhat true.

I would not recommend this book.
Allan (07/21/05)

Genius
I would just like to say that this book was awesome. All the details Mr. Brown has put in leaves me in amazement. I don't know why people critisize this book becuase it says all these things about the church etc. Whats wrong with that. This is a book non-fiction book not a information booklet.
arushi juneja (06/10/05)

dan brown at his best
after my read the only word that comes to my mind is....wow.
its uterly amazes me how an author can simultaneously give so much history without sacrifising on the pace factor....be it thrill,mystery,history,religion....it has all....i m a big fan of yours mr. brown...u have compelled me to choose your book for writing a review for my english honours exam
Paul Stevens (02/26/05)

A good read, but many of the assertions of FACT are suspect or previously disproved.
It draws quite heavily for these "facts" on 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail' - a book published some years ago.
Without giving away too many details, the conclusion is that the Holy Grail is not a cup/chalice with
miraculous powers, but a closely guarded secret about a bloodline.
This assertion is challenged head on by The Ultimate Quest, published before The Da Vinci Code.
The book is much more than it at first seems. You can find details and review extracts at
www.rolandoliver.co.uk
Ivana (02/16/05)

I'm 15 years old and I found that Dan Brown manipulated the facts to present an excellent novel. Ingenious idea in using art forms many of us are familiar. All-in-all I have to say that your statement on Mary the "prosistute" has given me a different view point on the bible. Thank you and good luck with the movie, I will see it for sure!
Spoiler (01/31/05)

A movie with Tom Hanks about this book? Smart people will find a lot of incoherence, although I must say that Mr. Brown did a good research in order to write his fiction.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Castle of Water
    by Mark Kurlansky
  • Book Jacket: Temporary People
    Temporary People
    by Deepak Unnikrishnan
    In this powerful and innovative collection of 28 short stories, Deepak Unnikrishnan presents a ...

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Good as it is to inherit a library, it is better to collect one.

Y S M B, I'll S Y