Reader reviews and comments on The Rural Life, plus links to write your own review.

The Rural Life

by Verlyn Klinkenborg

The Rural Life

Dec 2002, 224 pages
    Jan 2004, 224 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Rural Life

Davina - BookBrowse.com (02/14/03)

Each chapter in this delightful book covers a different month and contains a number of short stand-alone essays relating to that particular season. As such, this is a book to dip into - to wallow in bit by bit, not to read cover to cover.

For many of us, nature is what we see outside our car window on the way to our windowless cubicle in the morning, or on the occasional vacation getaway, but even so, I suspect that all but a few hardened urbanites feel a deep down connection to the countryside. The good news is that with Klinkenborg as our guide we can live the country life vicariously through the pages of The Rural Life.

Highly recommended for yourself or as a gift - it would make an excellent bedside or bathroom book! But don't take my word for it - click on the excerpt link above to read the whole of Chapter One (January) at BookBrowse.com today.

One Month Free Membership

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

This Must Be the Place