Reader reviews and comments on Pattern Recognition, plus links to write your own review.

Pattern Recognition

by William Gibson

Pattern Recognition

Feb 2003, 358 pages
    Feb 2004, 368 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Pattern Recognition

kw (08/02/05)

very well written - but poor subject material.
very well written - but poor subject material.
Disappointed reader (07/13/03)

I was really looking forward to this book and couldn't be more disappointed. It was like finding your Adbusters replaced by Glamour, a dull 3-inch excavation of product placement and newbie internet culture. This book should definitely expand Gibson's fanbase and thin out his old readers.
jpj (05/03/03)

This was my first Gibson book and although it's well written and has an interesting plot I felt like the author was on auto pilot. I normally don't read science fiction, (here I use science fiction in the sense of technology fiction) and can barely find my way around a computer, so I was expecting to be taught something about the w.w.w. that I hadn't realized. This, of course, was with my previous understanding of Gibson's work. The story uses numerous mystery plots to carry it 325 pages. Good people are bad and visa versa. Like I said, it's very well written and I didn't put it down until I finished it, but somehow I feel cheated. Oh, there is a bit about 9/11 in it that was veritas. I was down there/minutes late for work--he writes this bit to the point that I got that yucky feeling I get when I remember that sad day...

• Book Jacket: The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko
    The Bones of Grace
    by Tahmima Anam

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

Underground Airlines