Reader reviews and comments on The Yokota Officers Club, plus links to write your own review.

The Yokota Officers Club

by Sarah Bird

The Yokota Officers Club

Jun 2001, 304 pages
    Oct 2002, 400 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Yokota Officers Club

Stephanie Peterson (12/17/07)

One of the best books I've read, Hands Down.
Once I picked this book up I couldn't put it down! It was so beautifully written, I just KNEW I was there with her as she went on her adventure through her past. It had such a surprising impact on me! At the beginning, I was thinking, "Oh, this will be good." and by the end I was like, "OH MY GOSH I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!" As soon as I finished it I yelled at my sister my declaration of love for this story!
I will never forget this story and now I want to go buy the book after just checking it out at the library! I want to read it again and again!
BookBrowse (01/07/03)

BookBrowse.com - Davina
Well worth reading, and especially recommended as a book club choice, particularly for mother-daughter book clubs, or for groups with connections to the military.

• Book Jacket: Here I Am
    Commonwealth
    by Ann Patchett

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

Under the Udala Trees
by Chinelo Okparanta

Raw, emotionally intelligent and unflinchingly honest--a triumph.

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review