Reader reviews and comments on The Crimson Petal and The White, plus links to write your own review.

The Crimson Petal and The White

by Michel Faber

The Crimson Petal and The White

Sep 2002, 848 pages
    Sep 2003, 944 pages

There are currently 28 reader reviews for The Crimson Petal and The White

Emma Angus (04/07/03)

I read this book while on holiday in Guatemala and spent two weeks travelling between 21st century Central America and 19th century London. Although over 800 pages long, I felt as though I had consumed it in one breath. Wonderful.
Esther C (03/24/03)

A stunning historical account of 1875's London in all of it's Vicrorian splendor as well as it's shame. The characters became so familiar to me that even though I've finished the novel, I still find myself concerned for their wellbeing!

Bobby D. (02/25/03)

Excellent first 200 or so pages features a narrator hold your hand as he introduces you to the group of characters. Lead by Sugar the Prostitute who is eager for an education and what better life that may mean. This is an excellent look at the environment, and history of the class system in London in 1875. I really enjoyed the book, mostly for the excellent writing and well defined characters. Lead me places I had not thought of going. I highly recommend it.
mjb (02/06/03)

good reading. the usual victorian stereotypes. quite long, but hard to put down. a page turner.

• Book Jacket: The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko

by Scott Stambach

"An auspicious, gut-wrenching, wonderful debut." - Kirkus, starred review

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

This Must Be the Place