Reader reviews and comments on The Crimson Petal and The White, plus links to write your own review.

The Crimson Petal and The White

by Michel Faber

The Crimson Petal and The White by Michel Faber

Sep 2002, 848 pages
    Sep 2003, 944 pages

There are currently 28 reader reviews for The Crimson Petal and The White

Emma Angus (04/07/03)

I read this book while on holiday in Guatemala and spent two weeks travelling between 21st century Central America and 19th century London. Although over 800 pages long, I felt as though I had consumed it in one breath. Wonderful.
Esther C (03/24/03)

A stunning historical account of 1875's London in all of it's Vicrorian splendor as well as it's shame. The characters became so familiar to me that even though I've finished the novel, I still find myself concerned for their wellbeing!

Bobby D. (02/25/03)

Excellent first 200 or so pages features a narrator hold your hand as he introduces you to the group of characters. Lead by Sugar the Prostitute who is eager for an education and what better life that may mean. This is an excellent look at the environment, and history of the class system in London in 1875. I really enjoyed the book, mostly for the excellent writing and well defined characters. Lead me places I had not thought of going. I highly recommend it.
mjb (02/06/03)

good reading. the usual victorian stereotypes. quite long, but hard to put down. a page turner.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: The Blind
    The Blind
    by A.F. Brady
    In The Blind, A. F. Brady, a licensed psychotherapist, takes readers inside a residential ...
  • Book Jacket: The Rules of Magic

by Alison McGhee

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F