Reader reviews and comments on The Secret Life of Bees, plus links to write your own review.

The Secret Life of Bees

by Sue Monk Kidd

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

Jan 2002, 320 pages
    Jan 2003, 320 pages

There are currently 70 reader reviews for The Secret Life of Bees

hannah (06/05/03)

Just and absolutely excellent book. I am looking forward to our book club meeting tonight. Can't wait to hear all different opinions. My favorite character was August. Iam recommending this book to my cousin who loves in Scotland. Thank You Sue Monk Kidd!
Charlotte (06/04/03)

Thoroughly enjoyable and moving. I couldn't put it down.
Sue B. (05/29/03)

Loved this book -- it read as smooth as poetry and was just delightful in its metaphors!
Jamie (05/26/03)

Usually I have problems finding books I enjoy but not with this book. I absolutely loved this book and could not put i down. I definately reccomnd this to all.
Conni (05/23/03)

Loved this book!!!!

Conni
Robyn Elliott (05/19/03)

This is one of the most over-hyped books that I've read in years. Lily, at times, seems to have the voice of a 10 year old, and not the mature 14 year old that she is supposed to be. Rosaleen is painted as child -with Lily making their important life decisions. The book tries to deliver an important message about the role of African American women in the South, but I think it fails miserably. With one-dimension characters and a contrived storyline, this book reads like a Hallmark card.

Discover your next great read here

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

The fact of knowing how to read is nothing, the whole point is knowing what to read.

Y S M B, I'll S Y