What readers think of The House of The Scorpion, plus links to write your own review.

The House of The Scorpion

Nov 2002, 308 pages

There are currently 145 reader reviews for The House of The Scorpion

Sarah Bendorf

The Cloning Issue
This book was amazing! I highly recommend it to anyway looking for a good read and deep thought. This book made me take a serious look at cloning and how it is actually viewed in our world today. Even if you aren't highly motivated to read for the thought provocation, it's an exciting story, full of action, and an easy read. I read this book while I was just a freshman and again as a senior and encouraged all of my friends and family to read it immediately.
david

great book!!
This is one of my favrorite books. I wish there was another book.
Jordan-7th grade student

house of the scorpion
i loved this book, its very funny, but sad at the same time. it took me a whole 6 hrs to read this book, it was so good, i just didn't want to set it down. i cant stop reading it now, i read it over and over. i'm hoping nancy farmer will make a second book, im dying to know what happens to matt and maria .... for now i just dream it up. =P
Reader

The House of Scorpion
So good. Written really well. My new favorite book. I recommend it to all. 2 thumbs up
Anna Kuperschmidt

one strength and one weakness of the book.
One strength that the book has is that its very good by how Matt struggles to understand some things about him being a clone and his existence.

One weakness that the book has was that if you don't read it straight then some things might get confusing.

But overall I loved the book and would read it again and again.
2lucky

scorpion
This book was very well thought out. It had you guessing what happens next in every chapter. Filled with twist and turns around every corner. It is one of the best books I have ever read.
alex

good
I believe this is a wonderful book. It was a thrill to read. The more you read of the book more you like it.
Winnie

The House of the Scorpion
All people will enjoy this book because there is a bit of romance, lots of adventure and action, and tons of suspense. It is an unique book because normal science fiction books are either utterly unrealistic, violent, or just plain confusing. However, this book grasps the reader firmly and does not let he/she go until the reader finishes the book and will feel truly satisfied. The reader is definitely glued to the book. This book gives you a true understanding of life, even though the setting of the book is in the future. The reader can easily relate to the situations in the book...although not directly. The reader will have to read behind the words, infer, and make tons of predictions. This book is one of the best books ever written!

Join BookBrowse today to start discovering exceptional books!

• Book Jacket: The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    by Franny Choi
    Calamity can cohabit with joy, and you and I have, on some plane, accepted that absurd reality. We ...
  • Book Jacket: Bloodbath Nation
    Bloodbath Nation
    by Paul Auster
    In recent years, Booker Prize­–nominated novelist Paul Auster has increasingly turned to ...
  • Book Jacket: The Nazi Conspiracy
    The Nazi Conspiracy
    by Brad Meltzer, Josh Mensch
    The Nazi Conspiracy by Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch was a big hit with our First Impressions readers...
    Yonder
    by Jabari Asim
    The captivating historical novel Yonder turns an intimate lens towards the tragedy and survivorship ...

The Love of My Life
by Rosie Walsh
An up-all-night love story wrapped in a mystery from the New York Times bestselling author of Ghosted.

Members Recommend

Wade in the Water
    by Nyani Nkrumah

A gripping debut novel of female power and vulnerability, race, and class set in a small Mississippi town in the early 1980s.

Exiles
    by Jane Harper

A captivating new mystery from New York Times bestselling and award-winning author Jane Harper.

Margot
    by Wendell Steavenson

A young woman struggles to break free of her upper-class upbringing amid the whirlwind years of the sexual revolution.

It's A G T Me

Harvard is the storehouse of knowledge because the freshmen bring so much in and the graduates take so little out.