Reader reviews and comments on Coraline, plus links to write your own review.

Coraline

by Neil Gaiman

Coraline by Neil Gaiman X
Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Jul 2002, 176 pages
    Aug 2003, 162 pages

There are currently 32 reader reviews for Coraline

Tanuja Amina Budraj (12/22/09)

The #1 book
Grade 5: In my class we read this book. Every one was sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for the next event to happen. Every time our teacher stopped it was a cliff hanger we were always waiting for the next day to come to know what happens next. This book is the #1 best book in the world.
Turtle Girl (12/09/09)

Great
I loved this book. I could never put it down. It always kept me hanging.
Neil Gaiman Fan (10/13/09)

Coraline
In Neil Gaiman's book Coraline he shows quite scary sides. Which can be scary for little kids pre-k-1. This is a book more for upper grades in 5th, 6th, 7th, and so forth. I think it is a very great book. I think that the mystery and adventure in the book is very well written. A lot of stories are written too scary or not scary enough and Neil definatley used the right amount of scariness. He balanced it out with the mystery and the adventure.
Coraline young pre-teen adventurer, finds a closet and a mysterious cat, a nameless cat perhaps. She wants to go but the other mother doesn't want her to go. Face to face with an evil creature trapping her Coraline needs to find her way out, rescue her parents, and help this nameless cat. Quite an adventure would you agree???
Pre-teens should read book. If you like scary and mystery.
shaheer49 (10/10/09)

coraline
Dude I think this was an awesome book and I recommend it to all you out there to read this book. Peace out.
Sophie (09/11/09)

Creepy
When I first picked up this book, my younger sister commented that it was rumored to be disturbing & she wouldn't read it - I read several chapters, which was enough to learn that not only were the pictures illustrated in the book unusually disturbing, but the overall idea definitely shouldn't SHOULDN'T be exposed to CHILDREN under the age of 12.
It may have been imaginative, and very creative, but I strongly urge other parents to be cautious about buying this book for your children..I'm in my late teen years and even I gets chills reading it!
Callum Cartledge (05/12/09)

Coraline - Neil Gailman
Coraline is an amazing (yet a bit disturbing, but in a good way) story, about a young girl called Coraline, who finds an amazing adventure inside her own home. All she wants is an adventure, and she gets one all right. Everything is the complete opposite to the real world, everyone and everything is fun at first, but as she meets her oh so sweet other mothers dark side, things go from a dream, to a nightmare.She gets trapped in her nightmare, and her real parents go missing. Will Coraline ever escape from her dreading new world, along with her new friends : Cat, 3 Souls, other Misses Spink and Forcible, and hundreds of dogs. Make sure you read the fantastic 'Coraline' !
Jordyn Taylor (01/14/09)

Grasp our attention
I feel Coraline is a compelling horror story only lacking in one field. I feel the author lacks in his grasp of the readers attention. It falls short of that one aspect that hooks you into the story.
caro (12/18/08)

awsome
It is one of the best books I have ever read!

• Book Jacket: The Word Is Murder

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E