Reader reviews and comments on I Don't Know How She Does It, plus links to write your own review.

I Don't Know How She Does It

Aug 2003, 352 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for I Don't Know How She Does It

Reni (12/15/10)

Woman's need to know
Well, I'm 26 years old single woman and still have no idea about something a named marriage, but from Pearson's book make me understand how hard to be a motherhood n a worker for a woman...full of dilemma. Always Make me think " I don't know how he does it" Truly Need a real commitment for having kids and jobs...thanks a lot for your great and funny book.
Isabella (01/20/05)

Not good at all..
Zsu (09/02/04)

Unputdownable! What I liked at the end of the book was a comment about the author' husband appreciating HIS help: 'I don't know how HE does it!' Aren't we parents all doing a great job? Women, of course, most of all...
Anonymous (04/17/04)

Love the Book.
Dori (12/06/03)

At times I found I wasn't enjoying the book - because it touched WAY to close to home... What I found touching was the author's abilty not only to describe MY hectic life.. but also all the guilt that goes with it! I admit I skipped to the end when reading and thought I'd be dissaponted and was very glad not to be. Thanks for a thought provoking.. at times entertaining and at times a bit too real read. Amazing how universal some things are.. from another working mom in Israel.
jeanny (10/31/03)

Allison Pearson IS our goddess!
This is a book about me and my friend, and a friend of hers, and every working mother there is...
Thank you, Allison!
Amazingly enjoyable language, and every single line in the book is so true!
I have four children myself, and have always worked full time at a pretty stressful job, and I could relay to every word in this book.
Wonderful read!
mg (09/15/03)

Definitely entertaining ! The author has captured very well the different facets of the character's life using a writting that makes you feel how hectic her life is. I especially loved reading about how she was approaching her male colleagues trying to find excuses for her late arrivals without mentioning a sick baby-sitter or a baby with toothaches ! Every woman can recognize herself at one point as she deals with her mother, father, sisters, colleagues, husband, kids, friends ... You've been there one day for sure ! This is a piece of candy and I really loved it ! Enjoy !
Ann M (05/08/03)

I thought the"shopaholic" novels were soooooo funny, till I read "I Don't Know How She Does It". It was so funny, I kept telling my husband parts of it, which he also enjoyed (and he totally will only read non-fiction books). I can't wait till she writes a second novel.

• Book Jacket: Do Not Become Alarmed
    by Jeffrey Lent

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers