Reader reviews and comments on The Sands of Time, plus links to write your own review.

The Sands of Time

A Hermux Tantamoq Adventure

by Michael Hoeye

The Sands of Time by Michael Hoeye

Sep 2002, 288 pages
    Oct 2003, 288 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for The Sands of Time

emma tigchelaar (05/01/03)

I really really really loved and adored Time stops for no mouse. I would recommend it to anyone - I am 9 years old. My mum is going to read it too. I read it every bed time and found it made me feel so cosy. Its a good mixture of mystery and cosiness!
Lindsay (04/22/03)

The book, Time Stops for No Mouse is a great book,
I highly recomend it!
It leaves you feeling that it wasn't about rodents but about real people.
The plot of the book is very strong!
Enjoy!
Claire (04/19/03)

I loved the Sands of Time!!!! I loved how all the characters were animals and behaved like humans. Anyone should read The Sands of Time, kids and adults!!!! Michael Hoeye is one of my favorite authors, and he is so descriptive! I would really like if he would write another Hermux Tantamoq adventure!!!!
Joanna Lance (02/26/03)

Excellent, excellent, excellent.
Paul (01/30/03)

This book is great, It is a super sequel to "time stops for no mouse". It is very readable for both kids and parents, with a suspensful plot which is truly difficult to put down. Get your hands on a copy fast!
Thomas (01/25/03)

I loved The Sands of Time. I loved it because of the suspense, the characters and the animals’ human personality, how you created their world. In Stuart Little, he was just a mouse in a human world. In The Sands of Time the animals had their own world.
One thing I liked was the suspense. For example “Will the lamp stay alight?” or “will they put out the fuse?” Also in the part when you say “will they survive or will they die?” The suspense made me feel like I had to read on. I couldn’t put it down.
I loved the mole. I first thought that he was Dr. Menace. He was very mysterious until you found out more about him. I also liked Linka because she was smart. Also I liked her because she was kind and a good plane pilot. I also liked Hermux. I liked him because he was brave, adventurous, and he was a good friend. He was brave because he kept going even when he was scared.
I like how you gave the animals human personalities; you made them face some of their life’s problems, and made them solve one of their mysteries. They thought they were the first things to make things.
So, as you can see, I loved The Sands of Time because of the suspense, the good characters and how you gave the animals human personalities. I really enjoyed Time Stops For No Mouse as well, and I would recommend both your books to people everywhere who like adventure/mystery books.

Daisy (12/25/02)

:-) I loved this book, just like the other one. It makes for a funny,interesting read, and I was so caught up in the book I forgot where I was! The plots of Michael Hoeye's books are wonderful! I can't wait for more. :-)
ashley lewis (10/29/02)

it was an excellent book. I could hardly put it down and once i was finished i just had to read it again! = )

• Book Jacket: Pachinko

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone

K Your F C